Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of all things.
14 November 2023, 21:31,
End of all things.
As I seem to be the only one prepping (from the lack of posts) and as I will soon be an octogenarian (at the moment I still have a pulse Smile however I may be a little past my best Sad ), and so when I’m gone should TSHTF it looks like the end of world .........unless you know better ?.
14 November 2023, 22:43,
RE: End of all things.
Well - I do not know any better PG - but I do share your concern with regard to the total lack of any kind of POSTINGS anywhere on the Forum. Seems as though quite a few folk are having a look around but the 'contributions or responses' are at zero level.
One has to ask why?
Are we the only active two left??????
Time will tell I suppose.
17 November 2023, 20:37,
Well Iaaems no one else has posted......we’ll split the country up......you have East Anglia and the south coast......and I’ll have the Midlands and the north Smile .
18 November 2023, 14:48,
I bags the South West !!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 November 2023, 15:09,
Guys, It is a hard core of a couple of you. I met up with mIdnitmo yesterday and he said the same thing. We are just lurking but without posts and articles it isn't going to get any better. I'm just worn out but many are just getting on with it and not talking about it much.

It also appears to be an older generation thing. I doubt anyone on here is under 50. The people 0-30 have had no hardship, they don't have much experience outside. They are brainwashed so it isn't going to change much.

When TSHTF it'll be us older chaps giving directions. The younger generation will still be checking their phone for instructions.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 November 2023, 16:09,
that does seem to be the way of things SD, the younger people are too busy with jobs and family and like you say havent had much life experience to realise things are going down the pan.
When TSHTF I wont be one giving directions, not my thing, I'll be too busy looking after me and mine to worry about the sheeple.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 February 2024, 10:52,
Does it take the wisdom of age, combined with the scepticism of experience, to finally find prepping ?
Do young people imagine a scenario, beyond work, then fun ?
Obviously marriage and children begins the process of becoming responsible beyond yourself. Then when a combination of things happen, you realize you need to give thought to future security.
18 February 2024, 11:53,
Prepping is mainly about knowing there is a problem or problems and how to solve it, most youngsters are more interested in having a good time it seems.
18 February 2024, 12:57,
(18 February 2024, 10:52)Petertherabbit Wrote: Does it take the wisdom of age, combined with the scepticism of experience, to finally find prepping ?
Do young people imagine a scenario, beyond work, then fun ?
Obviously marriage and children begins the process of becoming responsible beyond yourself. Then when a combination of things happen, you realize you need to give thought to future security.

I think it is simpler than that. The young have generally faced no hardship. They get bailed out by us all the time, I'm guilty of that as well, and so it is only the poorer kids that understand shortages and consider prepping, although they don't call it that, they call it living from day to day.

We have had life too good over the last 50 years. We just don't see it being any different.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 February 2024, 17:27,
50 years? nearer 80 years I should think, this country hasnt been in a war since 1945 apart from the Falklands and that didnt last long.