Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jockland today ...us tomorrow.
21 April 2024, 10:34,
RE: Jockland today ...us tomorrow.
Ah. You can buy Hippo bags in B&Q where when you fill it with rubbish you give them a call and they come and collect it and take it to the tip. You pay for it up front at B&Q and get the phone number for pickup. Keep as long as you like and call when ready.

I have a few of the bags from delivered rubble, sand and gravel, they are really handy.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 April 2024, 10:19,
One of the places I get my fire wood from has giant bags for sawdust every now and again one frays or splits and is put in the skip.

I simply cut out the damaged panel run a lighter along the edge and bingo a large waterproof white tarp useful for so many things.
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 April 2024, 11:01,
I've just bought 3 larger tarps, 2 green 1 camo from a local supplier, goes into my preps.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 April 2024, 12:19,
(21 April 2024, 10:34)Skean Dhude Wrote: Ah. You can buy Hippo bags in B&Q where when you fill it with rubbish you give them a call and they come and collect it and take it to the tip. You pay for it up front at B&Q and get the phone number for pickup. Keep as long as you like and call when ready.

I have a few of the bags from delivered rubble, sand and gravel, they are really handy.

Yes, I've heard of that service from them,...I probably used that phrase just to describe that size of bag, I don't know what the builders yards etc actually call the bag that they deliver sand in etc and I'm amazed that they didn't say anything about wanting it back.
23 April 2024, 12:27,
That is what I understood when you explained how you used them. We call them builders bags but there is probably a proper name for them. Study bags that can be used for many things. I have a few now.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 April 2024, 13:02,
they call them Dumpy Bags down here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.