Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jockland today ...us tomorrow.
14 April 2024, 11:28,
RE: Jockland today ...us tomorrow.
I havent been stopped or checked at our local recycling centre but I have been told some other recycling centres in this county are asking for ID when you arrive, so it probably wont be long here too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 April 2024, 11:52,
Depends how far you are from a county border. I'd imagine nobody is going to travel to Lands End to use a recycling center when they can just dump it instead.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 April 2024, 12:44,
(14 April 2024, 11:52)Skean Dhude Wrote: Depends how far you are from a county border. I'd imagine nobody is going to travel to Lands End to use a recycling center when they can just dump it instead.

we are exactly in the centre of the county, same distance from the Cornish and Somerset borders, however there is more than one recycling centre in Devon and as I said many of the others are already asking for ID, they may be in the same county but they are in different council areas and the system can be different in each one. one size does not fit all.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2024, 10:58,
Try using one in a van.... nightmare...
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 April 2024, 11:41,
(15 April 2024, 10:58)Sunna Wrote: Try using one in a van.... nightmare...

anything in a van is classed as commercial waste and there is a fee.
15 April 2024, 13:56,
We have three free trips in a van per year if you prove you are non commercial. Pain fact all insurance companies treat all vans as commercial use only.. Have to apply for them of course and vee wiil haf zee forms.
It's by the tightening of the ratchet that these authoritarians get you. The boiling frog theory but eventually it gives and make sure you have a list. i was only obeying orders didn't work last time lets make it not work again.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 April 2024, 19:06,
Local tip has height barrier, need to book a “slot” for a van,
best mate works for recycling......so I’ve got no problem Smile .
16 April 2024, 07:48,
I dont go that often, let it mount up until we have a decent car load then go, went recently so we are clear for awhile.
16 April 2024, 16:53,
My council allows 6 tips a year its the proving it part .
I used to be on a nice little touch with neighbours and relatives getting me to take their garden waste down the tip in until 7/8 years back .
When it all changed ,also how many guys get to take their van home at weekends and help out a few neighbours.... almost none now... just another reason for revolution.
Survive the jive (youtube )
20 April 2024, 17:54,
(13 April 2024, 17:27)Skean Dhude Wrote: Aren't hippo bags pre paid pick up?

It's actually a bag that brought a ton of sand for a shed base that I were laying the other year, they never said anything about getting it back so I use it for garden waste etc.