Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Coming to live off you very soon.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(18 February 2013, 17:07)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]I've said it before & ill say it again, Skean, you have a great site & forum here. But some of the members don't half talk some crap.

you can say that again.
So Paul, do you work or claim any benefits at all?
(18 February 2013, 17:39)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]So Paul, do you work or claim any benefits at all?

M.Y.O.B.
You're normally very vocal yet suddenly you have very little to say.
(18 February 2013, 17:44)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]You're normally very vocal yet suddenly you have very little to say.

i'm not giving out personal information on a public site, especially to a newbie.

why do you wanna know anyway?
Hardly personal information. Not like I asked for your number or anything. Just if you had a job or claimed any benefits. No-one is going to be able to come here & identify you from the other 20m workers or 1m non-workers just from the answer.

As an example, I work 2 jobs & get child benefit & tax credits.

I was just curious Paul as I'm 90% sure I remember you saying you didn't work (the post the other day saying you never earned over £100 a week when you worked 20 odd years ago or something along those lines).
I saw a Romanian guy - well fed and clothed - standing outside a mall in NI today holding a Big Issue mag or something. As I walked closer to him he shook his money box at me... I scowled and pointed my finger at him without looking directly and said, "Don't". It was a lot less than what I really wanted to do... They're really provoking everyone and so in your face with their begging.
(18 February 2013, 18:01)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]I was just curious Paul as I'm 90% sure I remember you saying you didn't work (the post the other day saying you never earned over £100 a week when you worked 20 odd years ago or something along those lines).

so there you are then, wasnt hard was it?Big Grin when someone gets to 60 they are not allowed to sign on any more, not that i was-signing on i mean!i did earn more than £100 per week but ONLY when i was self employed, i was a self employed jobbing gardener.
for f%&k sake Angry!!!
(18 February 2013, 16:43)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]I also pay class 2 & 4 NI plus two lots of income tax. It's not nice paying it but its necessary to pay for things like education, health, BENEFITS etc.. I know if I lose my job there is a safety net in the form of benefits available. It's not much, but it'll help get you by.

Why don't you claim anything?

(A) I dont believe in the welfare system I find the whole system morally repugnant, but its a mute point because (B) I'm not entitled to anything regardless of what I paid in. When I gave up my job to raise my son ( wife went back to work) we lived off our savings for 3.1/2 years. Then when thinks got really desperate I decided to apply for help and was turned down, because I had not paid any NI over the previous two years I was not allowed any help, but the thousands I paid of the previous decades since 1971 apparently dont count.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6