Survival UK Forums

Full Version: another point raised by blackout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(12 September 2013, 12:11)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere that if all the relays were fried even if the engineers ALL survived it would take YEARS about 10-20 years to replace all the relays and it might never be completed.

Link Huh Or did you just make that up Dodgy

WaylanderCool
(12 September 2013, 17:38)Waylander Wrote: [ -> ]
(12 September 2013, 12:11)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere that if all the relays were fried even if the engineers ALL survived it would take YEARS about 10-20 years to replace all the relays and it might never be completed.

Link Huh Or did you just make that up Dodgy

WaylanderCool
nope didn't make it up, read it somewhere but I cant remember where!
(12 September 2013, 18:08)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]nope didn't make it up, read it somewhere but I cant remember where!

Dodgy Thought so Angel

WaylanderCool
you don't think its a possibility then??
(12 September 2013, 18:17)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]you don't think its a possibility then??

10-20 years to fix a power cut. My arse.

They electrified the whole of the UK in the 1920's faster than that, with less technology than we have now.

Then there is the rest of the world, are they going to just watch for 10-20 years or do you think they may send help.

WaylanderCool
if say an EMP exploded over the UK, it would fry everything electrical, that includes the relays in the power grid, ALL the relays would have to be replaced BY HAND by humans, if this was on a big enough scale...given how small the UK is I am sure it would be possible to cover the whole country and fry every relay and circuit, this would take a helleva long time even if they could find enough engineers, remember its never had to be done before. this of course wouldn't just affect the power grid, it'd fry the battery in your car, no petrol pumps would work, no atm's, no tills, no traffic lights, no lights on any roads, zilch nothing.

(12 September 2013, 18:33)Waylander Wrote: [ -> ]
(12 September 2013, 18:17)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]you don't think its a possibility then??

10-20 years to fix a power cut. My arse.

They electrified the whole of the UK in the 1920's faster than that, with less technology than we have now.

Then there is the rest of the world, are they going to just watch for 10-20 years or do you think they may send help.

WaylanderCool
we aren't talking a simple power cut here, its way bigger than that.

it may not even have to be an emp, this country is not building power stations fast enough to replace the old ones, so a shortfall in generating capacity will happen soon, then you will start to see powercuts all over the place, maybe as soon as 2015/16, TPTB have known about this since 2008 but have done nothing about it, 2 new power stations are being built but thats all, and they wont be online in time to bridge the shortfall that is coming.
An EMP will not stop electricity.

It may fry some transistor ‘junctions’ within semiconductor electronics, but that still leaves a lot of things that will work.

Including cars, planes and trains.

You human animal is very adaptive.

Japan was bombed back to the stone age in WW2 twenty years later it was the biggest economy in the world.

Your gloom is just a reflection of your negative personality, not a fact upon which to build a scenario.

When people get together, they can move mountains.

When they become lone wolves, they dieCoolCool

WaylanderCool
yes i think bp is a glass half empty type, but he is on this site everyday and puts in a lot of work to keep it going .
(12 September 2013, 18:58)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]yes i think bp is a glass half empty type, but he is on this site everyday and puts in a lot of work to keep it going .

I'm very pleased for him Huh

WaylanderCool
(12 September 2013, 18:50)Waylander Wrote: [ -> ]An EMP will not stop electricity.

It may fry some transistor ‘junctions’ within semiconductor electronics, but that still leaves a lot of things that will work.

Including cars, planes and trains.

isnt the whole purpose of a EMP to whipe out electronics leaving your enemy weak to an attack?

no electronics means no batteries to start your car, CPU's would be fried so planes wouldnt be able to take off with all the tech they use now and no mains power means none of the modern trains would run either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6