Survival UK Forums

Full Version: " Tagging" fellow Preppers & Prepettes, Preplings etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(20 January 2012, 14:45)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i still like the pure and simple SUK its how we all refer to the site. maybe we could have: S.UK or S-UK or S/UK. we know what it means but it wont mean anything to non-members. what do you think?

I thought we were trying to get other preppers to understand the symbol as well?

I'm confussed.

I think I'll just stick to my protein shake and just wear whatever symbol SD tells me to.
I don't want to own anything. I think it needs to be a more generic symbol if we want others to buy into it. After all we are all anarchists. Mayby that was why I liked the grey man symbol.

I'm going to do a design contest. I'm off line tonight and I'll post it on Sat or Sun.
I think I'll just use the symbol I have on this forum with SURV/UK under it.
That way those that know me from this site will recognise my symbol and know I'm Reality Jones
I'm doing a personal symbol: Skull and cross Scythes
and a Prepper symbol: The 4 o's or some other idea I have.
I've been thinking about this long and hard for weeks now, and the only " tag" i can think of that is (A) GENERIC (B) understood by most serious preppers and survivalists and © is easy to display but fairly low profile is the letters AB as in Alas Babylon, Its the only keyphrase I can think of that the truly motivated prepper will instantly understand.
(20 January 2012, 12:55)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]like i said, i can get cheap badges made, but the minimum order number is 6.

i will have one i like the S.UK idea
(31 January 2012, 19:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking about this long and hard for weeks now, and the only " tag" i can think of that is (A) GENERIC (B) understood by most serious preppers and survivalists and © is easy to display but fairly low profile is the letters AB as in Alas Babylon, Its the only keyphrase I can think of that the truly motivated prepper will instantly understand.

AB,, getting from A to B

also the first few steps in learning the alphabet - when it was all new in our young eyes

Vowel & consonent, like male & female

"A" plan & "B"ack up plan

Is Opposite of BA (baa)(sheep)

Alpha Beta

Can you think of any more possible relevent dual meanings?? :-)

(31 January 2012, 22:46)Timelord Wrote: [ -> ]
(31 January 2012, 19:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking about this long and hard for weeks now, and the only " tag" i can think of that is (A) GENERIC (B) understood by most serious preppers and survivalists and © is easy to display but fairly low profile is the letters AB as in Alas Babylon, Its the only keyphrase I can think of that the truly motivated prepper will instantly understand.

AB,, getting from A to B

also the first few steps in learning the alphabet - when it was all new in our young eyes

Vowel & consonent, like male & female

"A" plan & "B"ack up plan

Is Opposite of BA (baa)(sheep)

Alpha Beta

Can you think of any more possible relevent dual meanings?? :-)

Blood groups
I'm starting to detect a hint of " 500s reasons why we cant" on this thread instead of us looking for reason why we CAN do something.
Just let S.K. make a choice of design and stick to it. All i will say is that the design for the badge should be the same as for the website.
(1 February 2012, 09:59)uks Wrote: [ -> ]Just let S.K. make a choice of design and stick to it. All i will say is that the design for the badge should be the same as for the website.

Yes but I thought we were trying at least to identify a logo or symbol that would reach out across ALL the UK community and forums and not just SUK ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7