Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Covid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
My sister's dog has one smaller than that with more info on it!

Seems they are behind on the tech curve with that one.

Or it has more tech in it than they are claiming!
Interesting discussion today with the Supermarket delivery guy, it turns out they are seeing a massive increase in demand and he has noticed people panic buying just about everything. For the past few weeks we have been noticing more items out of stock, including about 20 items substituted last week. I did anticipate this and have been doubling up deliveries for the last month or so but the increase has been pretty sharp.
What are people noticing at the shops ( I haven’t been in two years so have no idea)?
no problems down this part of the country.
I am seeing a scarcity of canned meats and soups in the small shops.

In the major stores I have seen no shortages of late.

Fresh meat prices are out the roof, but available!

Frozen meats are up slightly but not past the new normal inflation rate.

Frozen and canned vegetables are in good supply but have increased by about 10% from last year.

People here are cycling through the new strain of Covid rapidly and they are not getting tested and not being hospitalized with the milder strain.

People over here were never real big on standing in line to get a test to see if they had covid. They only took the test due to it being required to get treatment at the door of the hospital.

And oddly the only thing the government seems to be doing about Covid is promising the availability of more tests! That's it, they are sending out more tests. 500 million tests for a population of 360 million when only 1 of 5 have had Covid since the "pandemic began, with a fatality rate of 0.005%

If you are feeling OK you don't need a test to tell you that you are OK and if you are sick you already know you are sick! It was always a "catch 22" as per normal government routine. It gave them numbers to play with.

If no one is being tested that means all of the numbers you are hearing/seeing are the result of someone's very active imagination. Pure speculation!

If you hear that the hospitals here are covered up it is with isolated incidents in urban areas and not the general situation outside the seasonal "normal".

The hospitals are covered up every year during "flu season".
there is no shortages over here in the shops either supermarkets or local shops, even out here in the sticks.
I dont know about frozen meat as we buy ours fresh straight from the farm and prices there havent changed for several years.
Covid is rife in London where the 10 hotspots are all located, everywhere else it has peaked, but I expect because the UK govt is London centric we will all have to suffer any restrictions because of what happens in the capital.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6