Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
falklands war part 2
12 April 2015, 19:57,
RE: falklands war part 2
(12 April 2015, 01:19)Sunna Wrote: hadron collider.....[spelling]

Who do you think they bought the parts from?

If you turn it upside down there is a big tag that says Made in China.
12 April 2015, 21:21,
ok ....how about roast dog and all the trimmings ....

har..soo...........Tongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 April 2015, 21:15,
Sunna, here we have an old Chinese saying: "never eat at a Chinese restaurant located next to a dog pound..."
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
22 April 2015, 02:45,
Young dog, old cat!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
22 April 2015, 15:00,
Never underestimate the Chinese, they're not the oldest civilisation for nothing. They are developing some serious hardware, and have an advanced space based weapons R&D department. They recently tested a full mock up US carrier for their new Mach 10 missile, which is now deployed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBnBUioIrYo

This could be a serious problem for the US carriers as they no longer have the advantage of reach. This could be a moot point if you believe the US doesn't have a counter to the threat, but you have to give credit to the Americans for being able to make the best Hi-tec weapons, and I have no doubt the Yanks have something up their sleeves.
22 April 2015, 15:59,
(22 April 2015, 15:00)Tartar Horde Wrote: This could be a serious problem for the US carriers as they no longer have the advantage of reach. This could be a moot point if you believe the US doesn't have a counter to the threat, but you have to give credit to the Americans for being able to make the best Hi-tec weapons, and I have no doubt the Yanks have something up their sleeves.

I think (but could be wrong) but this is partly what the new ship mounted high powered lasers weapons could be used against. There have been various successful trials against drones and ships etc, but I'd guess the ultimate application would be against missiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIxugT-QiEI
22 April 2015, 18:23,
While the Chinese system is still in the animation stage the counter measure for it is deployed and in operation.

Come on TH, give us a super weapon, not a super weapon cartoon!
23 April 2015, 11:43,
Although the capabilities of the DF21 are here represented in a "cartoon" Mort, the weapon is very real and has/is being deployed. If the laser defence sytem on the US ship in the video by Devonian can destroy a projectile at Mach 10 then it could provide a useful countermeasure, but we have yet to see a video or reports confirming this. I don't see this as a negative though because if the laser weapon could indeed engage Mach 10 targets then you would want to keep that a secret wouldn't you?
23 April 2015, 18:30,
Well the closest view to mine is Steve..amongst others ...the farthest is RS ...dear me ! i put it down to two much Harveys Bristol Cream...lol