Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Respect for other members - specifically those in a suburban area
12 February 2013, 21:06,
RE: Respect for other members - specifically those in a suburban area
(12 February 2013, 20:50)RoadWarrior Wrote: up till may 2009 i was an undertaker for a long time and when that avian bird flu pandemic was predicted we all got official letters /faxes of HM gov to say how we should deal with the extra bodies that they were expecting....the guidelines said we should not have the pomp and ceremony of a normal funeral and instead have the direct to crem approach.....missing out a church service ...then on with the next....more like a taxi rank scenario and back for the next pick up/fare.......we were already vacinnated for blood borne diseases any way but would be given extra top up shots.....also embalming of the dead was discouraged as it meant higher risk of contamination etc...i know for a fact the funeral industry would not be able to cope regardless and have recently returned to the "death industry" and can tell you its been flat out 24/7 work and demand is huge with no sign of let up...ev en though this is a busy time of year between nov and feb/march.....its crazy...... there has been a surge in the uk mortality rate with that novo virus and gov flu things !! de-population ???? so id say mass burial/burnings with bulldozers on a huge scale if TSHTF..........and the wages the crem and undertakers were on they would give them the two fingers to the bosses in a short time......a reason i left funerals was the diseases you encountered at work and the paranoia of taking it back to my family ......on my shoes suit/lungs or the like......scary bugs to be pouring down sluices that get back into the water system

niceone RW its heads up like this that make this sit wot it is pal
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 February 2013, 21:12,
When I left school thats all I wanted to do, applied at the co op in benwel, should habe gone to the british institute of embalming when I was 17 , but ended up at newcastle college
13 February 2013, 14:33, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 15:03 by Scythe13.)
(12 February 2013, 15:41)BeardyMan Wrote: I've got a job interview on Friday, central London, right next to Regents Park. Wonder if I'll make it all the way their with my gas mask on...

Good luck mate. Hope it goes well.

I think what you're saying is very interesting RW. I totally agree. To start with, the 'post-death industry' would be hiring more, and loving the income. Initially is would be families paying for funerals and all that. So, pretty good money.

When the government turn around and say "Straight to creme" that's fair enough. But, one thing I think might be getting overlooked, the support of the military. I believe, whole heartedly, that the government will being in a load of military personnel, whether TA or out of retirement squadies, and get them in the lorries, bulldozers, JCB's, and the alike. Dig a big hole, start a beast of a fire, and in go the bodies, if it really get's that bad! The army could easily make a huge pit, and just deep bury the bodies, then mark the land unusable. Other countries in the past have done the same thing, so it's more than possible our own government could do the same.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 February 2013, 16:22, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 16:23 by Prepper1.)
Or you could give them to Findus.....

Or Hollands maybe...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
13 February 2013, 16:26,
(13 February 2013, 14:33)Scythe13 Wrote: When the government turn around and say "Straight to creme" that's fair enough. But, one thing I think might be getting overlooked, the support of the military. I believe, whole heartedly, that the government will being in a load of military personnel, whether TA or out of retirement squadies,

with all the rampant disease i cant see any TA and retired Squaddies getting envolved, more a case of " bugger that, i'm offski!"
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 17:51,
(13 February 2013, 16:26)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 14:33)Scythe13 Wrote: When the government turn around and say "Straight to creme" that's fair enough. But, one thing I think might be getting overlooked, the support of the military. I believe, whole heartedly, that the government will being in a load of military personnel, whether TA or out of retirement squadies,
with all the rampant disease i cant see any TA and retired Squaddies getting envolved, more a case of " bugger that, i'm offski!"

I think LOADS would do that, too! It'd be inevitable. But there will probably be enough to step up and start clearing. In an emergency, the government's view is, let it happen and we'll pick up the pieces where we can.

Even if they only get 100 troops, that 100 will have to start in one city, then work on the next one, then on to the next one, and so on. There will probably be a load of people from other countries coming in to help. I'm sure there would be plenty of Polish people willing to work hard. Which will be why they're taking all the jobs. Half the pay, twice the effort! Damn right they'll pick up the pieces of the UK TA that just runs off. One point for the immigrants.
13 February 2013, 17:58,
i dont think we want to rely on imported labour, just as soon as TSHTF they'll sod off back where they came from.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 18:30,
(13 February 2013, 17:58)bigpaul Wrote: i dont think we want to rely on imported labour, just as soon as TSHTF they'll sod off back where they came from.

If the vast majority of Brits are too lazy & work shy, combined with the right payment (food, shelter, protection for family) I think a lot would be willing to work.

Where I work, Eastern European & African economic migrants make up quite a percentage of the staff & without a doubt, everyone of them is a grafter. Meanwhile, getting the British wannabe wags off their arses & actually working is a nightmare.
13 February 2013, 18:33,
i am going to resist getting into an arguement about wage rates, everyone knows the immigrants work for less!
13 February 2013, 18:37, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 18:38 by Scythe13.)
(13 February 2013, 18:30)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Where I work, Eastern European & African economic migrants make up quite a percentage of the staff & without a doubt, everyone of them is a grafter. Meanwhile, getting the British wannabe wags off their arses & actually working is a nightmare.

Any they'll be busy looking out for themselves to stay around and work.

(13 February 2013, 18:33)bigpaul Wrote: i am going to resist getting into an arguement about wage rates, everyone knows the immigrants work for less!

Harder work, for less pay, damn right I'd hire them over a UK National!!!

Anyone with a mind for business and the blindingly obvious, would do the same thing.