But would you?
11 April 2013, 15:49,
RE: But would you?
I wouldn't say no

for me shotgun or two, rifle and hand gun

then expand for the family
11 April 2013, 15:56,
you got me going now ,i think a .22 with shit loads of rounds and shot gun not really into side arms to be fair but each too there own
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 April 2013, 15:58,
(11 April 2013, 15:56)Barneyboy Wrote: you got me going now ,i think a .22 with shit loads of rounds and shot gun not really into side arms to be fair but each too there own

sidearm would be the last for me, probably get the other half a rifle and shotgun before that
11 April 2013, 16:14,
I suppose like any prepping decision for me any weapon would have to be reliable with the minimum of servicing, with the ammunition and spare parts being easily available. And to be honest I haven't got a clue what I would buy first!! but an AK47 would be a good start I reckon
11 April 2013, 17:13,
And watch the crime rates plunge... 49%..!!

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articl...again.aspx

"More Guns and, You Guessed It . . . Less Crime. Again.

Posted on November 2, 2012
Print

Last week, the FBI released its Crime in the United States report for 2011. For the 18th time in the last 20 years, the nation's violent crime rate has gone down. In 2011, as compared to 2010, the total violent crime rate decreased 4.3 percent, to a 41-year low, down 49 percent since the all-time high in 1991. The murder rate decreased 2.1 percent, to a 48-year low, down 52 percent since 1991.

Meanwhile during the last 20 years, the number of privately owned guns has risen by about 130 million, including several million "assault weapons," about 60 million handguns, and countless millions of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Perhaps we missed something, but we couldn't find anything mentioning the FBI's recent report on the Brady Campaign and Violence Policy Center websites. It's not hard to imagine why."
walk outside the box
11 April 2013, 17:20,
I think I would buy a rifle and a pistol,.. I wouldn't waste my money on an assault rifle, ammo would soon become a rarity, a single bolt action rifle can do the same job in the hands of someone capable.

Though I think I would only be buying these two because everyone else has got a gun,..I often think we are safer without them,.. the more guns out there the more people who would be able to rob you

I am talking in a post SHTF text,.. I am not anti gun in any way
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 April 2013, 17:27,
One hand gun and one shotgun or rifle.
That'd be enough for me.

A long time after the SHTF the problem wouldn't be getting the guns but finding the Ammo.
It would probably be the best thing you could barter with, so stocking up now on shotgun cartridges would be a good idea even if you don't own a gun
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

11 April 2013, 18:07,
i would definately buy guns if i could Smile
Winter is coming
11 April 2013, 18:20,
I would buy a lot of mixed weapons with loads of ammunition
12 April 2013, 04:07,
Note that I have been noticably quiet so far!

Last autumn I had a visitor over from GB.

By the time she had been here 48 hours she had fired more weapons, from more countries, in more calibers, than any soldier in the British Army outside the SAS.

She had not shot in 30 years but only took about five minutes coaching to consistantly keep her rounds from my scoped Mosin inside 2 inches at 100 yds. And she espically liked my tricked out Enfield scout rifle.

But then I had the canoe wreck!