Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surviving? Is it worth it.
23 August 2013, 09:08,
RE: Surviving? Is it worth it.
(22 August 2013, 23:02)River Song Wrote: I was wondering for all those human haters --- what will you do with the bodies?

Avoid them and let nature take its course, piles of corpses are only a major issue for town and city dwellers

23 August 2013, 09:14, (This post was last modified: 23 August 2013, 09:14 by bigpaul.)
(23 August 2013, 09:08)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(22 August 2013, 23:02)River Song Wrote: I was wondering for all those human haters --- what will you do with the bodies?

Avoid them and let nature take its course, piles of corpses are only a major issue for town and city dwellers
most of them will be inside their own houses or on the motorway where they ran out of fuel!

I think we've already had this topic.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2013, 09:23,
River, We try.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 August 2013, 09:44,
(22 August 2013, 20:07)River Song Wrote:
(22 August 2013, 16:53)BeardyMan Wrote: You watch the news? Read the papers? Not much "humanity" towards the fellow man at the moment is there?

I guess that if I wanted to take a cheap shot I would call you a 'born again cynic' Heart or that we don't have to emulate them. In one of my more serious philosophical turns I might argue that although the public's "humanity" doesn't seem to be there, the 'image' is not lost, as scarred and as marred as it may be. (I guess a theologian might call it the imageo deo but that would open up yet another can of worms WinkWink)

It's my insistence on the dignity of man that would drive me to all i can.

You can use cynic if you wish, if that's the best you can come up with Big Grin
I would use REALIST.
I said nothing on emulating anyone, just pointing out FACTs. I do not hold any romantic notions of "We're all in this together" or "the dignity of man" - in all honesty I've never heard anything so stupid as the last one, but I'm sure you can still surprise me.

I think a theologian would actually call it imageo dei but that's beside the point. I don't believe in god, I do not believe men were made in gods image, I do not believe all men were created equal.

I'm sure if you want to take a cheap shot you can use the above somewhere Smile

(22 August 2013, 16:53)BeardyMan Wrote: ......., it's down to SURVIVAL! Interfering in other's business WILL affect your SURVIVAL.

This is called SURVIVAL UK isn't it? Are we not all prepping to survive??

If it is ONLY about survival then kill every f.....r on sight. But in my mind Survival UK is not just about Personal survival. It's broader than that

NO, because attempting to "kill every fucker on sight" is INTERFERING in OTHER PEOPLES BUSINESS. And that's the kind of thing that brings unwanted attention.

From your responses to this thread it would appear that you would expect help from a stranger should you require it?

(22 August 2013, 16:53)BeardyMan Wrote: If doing whatever I can to protect me and mine (and that includes letting the population do whatever they want to each other) gets me the badge of being similar to a Nazi then I shall wear, and wear it proudly too.

Then shame on you. This view makes people no better than the Montana wild men.

Shame on me? For having a different opinion? Well how dare I?! You're right, it's incredible that I should dare to AGREE WITH SOMETHING YOU POSTED ORIGINALLY.

I feel no shame for looking out for me and mine, I owe society NOTHING, and I want the same back. You can live in your rose tinted world if you wish, but some of us see through the bullshit Wink

Montana Wild Men? Can't say I've ever heard of 'em, but the name implies that they're going to be a good laugh. Bit like the Manson Family?
23 August 2013, 10:20,
been reading this thread and can understand both sides of the argument and personally I can see a a whole spectrum of actions from the look after number 1 (and family) straight after a potential collapse of society through to a more stable post collapse society emerging from the chaos where people will be more willing to help others

it's all about time and what comes later but a hell of lot of the population will be looking after number one and doing it any way they can and if we survive the chaos we may never see the rebirth of society as it could take many decades for the fears and suspicions to be replaced. You just have to remember that a full collapse of this current society with it's technology is going to lead to a massive reduction in populations numbers just to survive (this island can not support over 45million+ of the population) many in the first couple of years will die and as a result the survivors will always look at each other with suspicion as you can not know what each other has done to survive that hellish time just post collapse. Over time and possible generations later these fears will fade assuming a stable safer society.

we are not just prepping to survive but we are prepping in the hope we can lead our families to a better future after the chaos of a collapse but we may not be around to see it
23 August 2013, 10:37,
whatever event sparks the chaos it might just be mother nature rebalancing the numbers, there are far too many people living on this little rock in space. as IKE rightly points out this country cannot feed ALL the people it currently houses, we can only feed about 16 million people from the growing land available to us, we can only do so NOW because of the huge imports of cheap food from abroad, if-for whatever reason- that were to stop many people would eventually starve.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2013, 11:49,
Well there you go --- now wasn't that a good debate - very emotionally charged but good nonetheless.

One thing it has shown is the wide range of views which is a good thing. Being monochrome in our views would be rather boring.

Tally Ho
23 August 2013, 12:04,
Emotional??? do you need HRT ? Smile I'm cool as a cucumber dipped in liquid nitrogen Smile

23 August 2013, 12:22,
I don't mind people having different opinions to mine, that is their prerogative, their right, but what tees me off is when they say mine is wrong just cos its different to their's!Angry
23 August 2013, 13:02,
(23 August 2013, 12:22)bigpaul Wrote: I don't mind people having different opinions to mine, that is their prerogative, their right, but what tees me off is when they say mine is wrong just cos its different to their's!Angry

No one will ever know who was right and who was wrong in anything until the fat lady sings?
By then it will be too late to change if you find out you're are wrong.