Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
if it was up to you ....?
4 October 2013, 12:21,
RE: if it was up to you ....?
(4 October 2013, 10:30)Tibbs735 Wrote: I value SUK because it's one of the only British prepping sites, and it's the best I've found so far.

there are other sites, I believe we were both on another site togetherBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 October 2013, 20:44,
As a relative newbie to this prepping site, I would like to point out that I will not be asking questions about bushcraft, knives, other weapons, camping out or any of those macho, potentially damp and dirty things. They simply do not come within my particular list of need to know areas, and I apologise most heartily for any offence caused to others.

I guess prepping is just something very personal to each person. Personally, my aim is to keep myself and mine safe, well fed and in reasonable physical and mental health in times of trouble. Knowing bushcraft is not going to achieve that for me. I would love to ask more questions, but many of the topics simply do not concern or interest me.
I would also be happy to post more, but I suspect much of what interests me would not be of interest to the (mostly chaps) other Forum members. Sorry about that.

Having said all this, good Forum and I do learn a lot.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
4 October 2013, 20:58,
I've not been very active on here for a couple of months.I still read the posts and gleam as much knowledge as i can.I actually don't mind the American influence.Granted it's more firearm orientated but that's to be expected.Our American cousins have a lot of knowledge which i find usefull.I haven't posted much as my area of (limited expertise) revolves around historical weapons.
I'm still very very new at prepping and prefer to sit back and read from posters more experienced than me.I take the good advice on-board and ignore what i don't agree with (though i still listen).This is the only prepping site i look at and for the foreseeable future i can't see that changing.I've still got a lot to learn and this site suits me.Carry onWink
4 October 2013, 21:54,
(4 October 2013, 20:44)MaryN Wrote: I would also be happy to post more, but I suspect much of what interests me would not be of interest to the (mostly chaps) other Forum members. Sorry about that.

Having said all this, good Forum and I do learn a lot.

I for one, would be very interested in the questions you want to ask, I often find that many of the really meaningful questions are asked by women.

So May,.. go for it, please ask away
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 October 2013, 22:09,
[/quote]

I for one, would be very interested in the questions you want to ask, I often find that many of the really meaningful questions are asked by women.

So May,.. go for it, please ask away
[/quote]

Thank you Highlander, I shall now proceed to bore all and sundry with a few esoteric questions on quilting, wilt on tomatoes and how to deal with my horse's wind. Enjoy!
5 October 2013, 09:24,
(4 October 2013, 22:09)MaryN Wrote: Thank you Highlander, I shall now proceed to bore all and sundry with a few esoteric questions on quilting, wilt on tomatoes and how to deal with my horse's wind. Enjoy!

I'd be interested in all those subjects, but only if the horse wind is transferable to whippets. If not, then hey, 2 out of 3 aint bad.

Mary, you know my love of the garden and the alike. The big project is on hold, but write up about anything garden related. Yes I'm into the macho stuff, but I'm just as much into the less than macho. I'd love to know about quilting.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 October 2013, 19:30,
Sorry, Scythe, I had a momentary fit of the giggles at the thought of a load of butch chaps sitting round in a quilting bee! If you really want to know about quilting - I'll be happy to give you the benefit of my experience!
5 October 2013, 21:56,
(5 October 2013, 19:30)MaryN Wrote: Sorry, Scythe, I had a momentary fit of the giggles at the thought of a load of butch chaps sitting round in a quilting bee! If you really want to know about quilting - I'll be happy to give you the benefit of my experience!

I will step in the cage ready to fight, I will squat until I burst blood vessels in my nose and start to drip blood. But I can knit, crochet, and can sew pretty damn well too. I'm man enough to admit that. Would be interested in learning to darn and quilting.

Living on a desert island for 5 weeks saw me platting palm leaves to make a roof. So sitting around chatting and having fun....urm, I mean...urm....doing boring quilting stuff.......ahem......let's go kill stuff because I'm super butch....haha.

I'd love to learn. If you think it's a useful skill, I'll pop over to youtube and check it out. The only reason I've not looked into darning is because my socks aren't darn-able. But I'm getting loads of hiking socks this winter, so am thinking of darning them ahead of time for extra padding.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 October 2013, 22:32,
I can sew and darn pretty well, the Army taught us that, I always do my own because I am better than my o/h at it...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 October 2013, 14:16,
I am proud to say that I have never sewn a button on
in my life and dont intent to start now.

OH has been reasonably tamed and domesticated