Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
24 April 2013, 19:58,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
Fishing rod,bait box/seat, hooks,swivels just hope I catch something tomorroe
26 April 2013, 17:40, (This post was last modified: 26 April 2013, 17:43 by Scythe13.)
Today I have buried a box.

Now digging up another tree stump. I seem to have lost my tree-stump removing chemical stuff :-(

Oh, and it's payday tomorrow/midnight tonight.

Off to work in a minute.

While in work, I'm going to build a shopping list and work through it piece by piece.

This list will be clothing based.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 April 2013, 19:03,
Today I'm just going through my bug out bag and clothing. I would put a photo up but I have no idea how to do that. So if u bare with me I shall make a list.

Backpack, sleeping bag, 2 ration packs, waterproof matches, candle, potassium permanganate, two torches, headlamp, emergency bivvi bag, survival blanket, canteen with metal cup, 2 mess tins, knife, fork and spoon, glow sticks, bandana, air rifle pellets, crossbow bolts, several knives, dozen snares, first aid kit, spare set of clothes. I also have a tactical vest that hold enough food and equipment for me to survival 24 hours if I lose my bug out bag, a hydration pack that fits in a back section of my back pack and a small folding shovel. For protection I have several items tho I don't know which I would take when the SHTF I guess it depends on the situation. I have pistol crossbow (looking for a larger one) a spring load pellet air rifle, a recurve bow, plenty of knives of course and a small straight sword.

If anyone can give me advice or ideas I would very much appreciate it. I'm always looking to improve all my prepping.
26 April 2013, 19:49,
(26 April 2013, 19:03)Mooski88 Wrote: If anyone can give me advice or ideas I would very much appreciate it. I'm always looking to improve all my prepping.

seems like a good set up, but since you asked....
I like to include a small notepad and pencil. find they come in very handy to make notes/maps/diagrams.

regarding posting photos, you can put links to other photo sites, or sometimes when you reply to a thread there is a button to add attachment. sometimes there is no add attachment option. don't know why.
26 April 2013, 20:02,
bin for a walk around with my wheelbarrow,got 3 loads of firewood,a 200l drum and abig net that has been laying on grass verge.dropped off a skip wagon i think.raided skip at local garden center and got a few blackcurrant bushes.generally just had a nosey around...
26 April 2013, 21:23, (This post was last modified: 26 April 2013, 21:41 by Straight Shooter.)
You gotta be related to BP ! stew lol

Bit of luck today, son in law had a chance of some pallets , when we got there in my van, my eyes lit up, 6" x 6" timber runners, with 9" x 2" timber boards .....spruce.....after running around in a circle for ten mins.....we stripped them down 11 off with 2 left to strip tomorrow (sat) got a full load back on roof rack and inside van (about 30% left ) could not get it all on, got back to my house ripped down into studs 4 x 2 and 3 x 2 ready to build new sheds ...worked it out in money £410. 00 ....stuff like this never happens to me....struck gold today though. will build sheds 2 off 12ft x 8ft
including roof, floor , sides, door, window. the pallets were 14ft x 7 ft they must have been used for heavy machines
27 April 2013, 08:41,
Good find!

I'll be mostly crossbow target shooting today Smile
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
27 April 2013, 12:08,
Today I'm looking at converting my attic into a storage space for food, water and weapons. I will also put a mattress up there just incase. Tho I have no idea how much weight the beams can take. Should I reinforce all the beams first? And how much water weight do u think I could safely store up there? Maybe I should just store bottled water up here and keep the rest in other areas? Maybe run a line from where they are to the attic? Any ideas? Always looking for help.
27 April 2013, 12:52,
(27 April 2013, 12:08)Mooski88 Wrote: Today I'm looking at converting my attic into a storage space for food, water and weapons. I will also put a mattress up there just incase. Tho I have no idea how much weight the beams can take. Should I reinforce all the beams first? And how much water weight do u think I could safely store up there? Maybe I should just store bottled water up here and keep the rest in other areas? Maybe run a line from where they are to the attic? Any ideas? Always looking for help.

If you are going to store a lot, and are not sure of the weight bearing beams, then dont risk it, get someone in to have a look, tell them you were thinking of adding a bedroom,... dont risk your house
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 April 2013, 13:07,
just bought a gas bottle(empty) at a local car boot for £4.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.