Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
31 July 2015, 07:34,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
(30 July 2015, 21:44)Tartar Horde Wrote: Cut them long BP, and them tie them tight along the length. As they cure they will come straighter, and will be easier to fully straighten later mate.

Thanks TH, yes that was what I was going to do-cut them as long as possible and cut them to size after they had seasoned, i'm assuming its better to remove the bark after seasoning like I did with my bow?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 July 2015, 08:56,
Yeah mate leave the bark on till you start to prepare the shafts.
31 July 2015, 10:00,
thought so, thanks mate.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2015, 23:05,
Built new wood store 20ft x 8ft this week.....split and stacked a cord of firewood today....picked more runner beans , cucs, toms, and raised some spuds.....grew celery for the first time this year ...excellent results........held wifey in a full nelson for ten mins ( no welsh cakes for 24 hours ) yes! guys i know i was to lenient....but she be ill see .
23 August 2015, 00:24,
First play with my new axe, also reading a couple of books. Got a lot to learn on a lot of things at the moment. Brain preps are hard work!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 August 2015, 09:57,
I am sorting out a new hand axe at the mo', its not really an axe more of a small hatchet thing really, sorted out the handle, now I've got to put an edge on the blade, anyone got any tips on this??
23 August 2015, 15:03,
Take your time.

If it's rubbish, start with a heavy file, then work your way down. Work hard to remove all dents on the edge.

As for what you're using it for, that'll really decide the angle you'll want on it.
23 August 2015, 15:10,
its an old one wife picked up at a car boot, hasn't really got an edge on it at all so i'll have to start from scratch.
23 August 2015, 17:17,
What are you going to be using it for?
23 August 2015, 17:33,
haven't decided yet (it'd make a bloody good weapon!!)Big GrinTongue