Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China Virus Threat 2020
11 March 2020, 23:12,
RE: China Virus Threat 2020
Sorry to appear to be getting carried away...……...coronavirus is NOW half a mile from us , 42 year old guy with asthma now in hospital in a induced coma ….. you better get real folks …..and quick ! coming your way very soon . I don't care where you are …..Hello !
13 March 2020, 12:29,
Well, a couple of thoughts on Friday 13th March.

Boris Johnson UK Prime Minister with a press conference in which he looked decidedly shaken.

The government says they are 'following the science' but which science? everywhere else is closing things right left and centre but UK science is trying to encourage people to get ill but over a longer period in order to produce a herd thing where we are all immune next October.

Went into social distancing mode a couple of days ago. 7 weeks of meds and about the same with food.
We can get out in the car into the Peak District

Went to the GP Surgery this morning (Open Clinic which tends to be a petri dish) and they wouldn'ta let me in. All clinics cancelled. I had a UTI but they telephoned me and prescribed some antibiotics.

Onweards and Upwards
a
13 March 2020, 13:12,
100% agree RS , stay safe .
13 March 2020, 16:20,
cluster of cases on the South Coast around Torquay/Torbay, large retired community down there so only to be expected.
no cases of the virus in Plymouth or in North Devon.
not so much panic buying in the "local" supermarkets(50 mile round trip) as getting in a bit extra, no empty shelves although hand sanitizer isn't to be found.
I'm totally convinced some British people think the world will end if they run out of toilet paper! people are just stupid.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2020, 17:07, (This post was last modified: 13 March 2020, 17:08 by River Song.)
just a quick aside for Mary and anyone else.

This is NOT "Just like the flu"

The CFR (Case Fatality Ratio) for seasonal flu is 0.1%
For Coronavirus, anywhere from 1.4 to 4.9%
Even with a very conservative estimate of 1%, that's still 10 times higher than flu.

CFR for younger people will be much lower, probably around 0.4% but for older people
>70 yo, could be around 14%

My concern is that the UK government policy is unlike anywhere else in the world.
Take for example, the country of Denmark, not exactly a country prone to panic
but they are saying "Don't travel anywhere abroad and is encouraging all Danes currently
abroad to 'Come Home'.

Understand that Germans and putting their towels on hospital beds :-)

Tally Ho
13 March 2020, 17:08,
I thought this was a well researched and prepared article:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inter...f-disease/

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
13 March 2020, 17:12,
Charles

Interesting article but not sure I agree that is well researched

Still,.... Rock On
13 March 2020, 18:21,
Maybe these will be helpful:

Update forwarded from my retired military physician friend in Italy, Goggle translator is your friend.
https://www.corriere.it/salute/malattie_...e6a5.shtml

WH Chief of Staff probably wanted to keep POTUS remarks off the public record for a bit. It’s also possible (but unlikely) there was a sources and method discussion about the veracity of foreign reporting or sourcing on the pathogen. In any event, this just feeds conspiracy and gives the Resistance something to use against POTUS.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...SKBN20Y2LM

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
14 March 2020, 20:29,
I had just prepared a post, but deleted it believing it was too "strong". My friend has family in Sardinia I watched a movie his father made on Thursday their market day, it looked like a ghost town, there was nothing moving, zero, total lock down, the hospitals are collapsing under the pressure, people are told to stay at home. Distance yourself now from people, batten down the hatches and stay there, it is going to get much worse sorry but it's what I'm seeing, I'm not being alarmist, protect yourselves NOW. Be safe, be strong.
14 March 2020, 23:21,
We are in lockdown , no one comes in....we do not leave our place simple as that the only contact is via our mobiles or emails , this will not change ! As I have said in earlier posts You play it as You see it ! It’s your choice no one else’s .....I wish you well though.