Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What we should know "Virus" and be doing.
17 May 2020, 03:31,
RE: What we should know "Virus" and be doing.
(7 May 2020, 20:52)LAC Wrote: I want to become a spud king!

SS, got the dehydrator, it is an Andrew James make, you said David James but couldn't find David James so thought maybe you meant Andrew James. If not, apologies.

Anyway not used it yet been busy dealing with other pressing admin matters, but hope to be able to soon. So my first dehydrating attempts will be on potatoes and carrots. Any tips for how thick and the best shapes to slice these for the dehydrator and the temperature and time? I've not got the book yet.

Also should you concentrate on just dehydrating one type of vegetable at one time?

Dehydrator has it's place and it is fun, but bear in mind dried food is common place, not too expensive and last for ages, I would consider home grown crops and wild foods for Dehydrator as they are not cheap to run, so free food would balance the costing.

Buy mash potato in bulk, mixed veg is a good one as well, 10kg dried mixed veg will cost around £60 pound and that has a return of 50kg of veg, that's a lot of food and will last years in storage and already dried for you.

https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/dr...b0EALw_wcB

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ

Messages In This Thread
RE: What we should know "Virus" and be doing. - by Nemesis - 17 May 2020, 03:31