Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What we should know "Virus" and be doing.
27 June 2020, 05:00,
RE: What we should know "Virus" and be doing.
This might strike error into the hearts of some here but yesterday I had to go to the Dr's office. You guys would call it the "surgery" I suppose.

I was having some intense pain in the old shoulder and it would not go away and was getting worse daily. Something had to be done.

The trip was very enlightening. When I made the appointment I went through a phone screening. Before I was allowed inside they took my temp and did a second screening. They gave me a mast to replace the one I had and sprayed me down with a mist disinfectant.

I put on the mask and sat down to wait for a few moments. Chairs were about 2 meters apart and few people were present.

One man sat holding his mask in his hand and the nurse asked him to please put it on. He apologized and said he did not realize he needed too. She very politely asked him what rock he had been living under for the past 4 months to not know we were in the middle of a pandemic? He then took about ten minutes to figure out how to get the mask over his face and tied behind his head. Right then I was reminded that I am in Kentucky.

When I got into the exam room to speak with the Dr I told him I was nervous about being there and he cautioned me that he had only had one case of CV come through the office in the past 4 months and they caught that one at the door and they did not get inside.

There have been fewer than 50 cases in my county and only three deaths that were attributed to CV. All three at old age care centers.

Statistically I am safer at the urgent care office than I am shopping at Walmart for groceries.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What we should know "Virus" and be doing. - by Mortblanc - 27 June 2020, 05:00