Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine
17 July 2023, 11:11,
RE: Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine
(17 July 2023, 07:59)bigpaul Wrote: I dont believe any country wants all out nuclear war, they know that would be the end of everything, Russia may have the most missiles but many of them are soviet era and how many still function? like a lot of their tanks etc the missiles are old, Russia is one country and Nato is many, Russia would cease to exist as a functioning country the moment they fired the first missile, and Putin knows that, he may be mad but he isnt stupid.
I've learnt over the last 20 years that our politicians are very stupid, arrogant and have no idea about the ramifications of things they do. As typical example is that Net Zero, the most costly policy every conceived, which will directly cost each household something like the cost of their house, was nodded through with the minimal debate.

I've also learnt over the last year, that our security services & politicians have been totally fooled by the "oh but we are just simple Russians, using stone age weapons, who are absolutely not threat" meme. As a result, the west has been depleting its weaponry for the last year, to such an extent stocks are now extremely low ... and now because all our manufacturing went to China, and we rely on China for key items for weaponry (like metals) our manufacturing can be totally cut off. In contrast, Russia, clearly built up facilities to mass produce weapons, it has masses of rare mineral needed for modern weaponry, it has China on side together with BRICS. Whilst the west was cutting back, Russia was clearly (in retrospect) expanding production, so that now DUE TO THE STUPIDITY OF OUR POLITICIANS it has a massive advantage over the west ... and western leaders don't even see it yet!

I don't know if their objective is to now take on the west, but if it were, and given that they had previously hidden their capability, whilst the west threw away the key manufacturing that was critical to winning WWII, I think there's a good chance they would win. Indeed, with the west provoking China into joining Russia, it's almost certain we would lose.

As covid showed, it is just a matter of weeks between our politicians being totally complacent with "Covid is a VERY LOW risk" in January to "Covid is a deadly plague that can't be stopped and we must lock everyone up" in April (whilst they partied).

So, likewise, it is only a matter of weeks between the present complacency of: "there is no way the Russians could win against the west" ... and the total insane over-reaction like they had for covid with: "we're going to lose, so push the nuclear button".

Messages In This Thread
Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine - by Sekwo - 16 July 2023, 09:17
RE: Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine - by Sekwo - 16 July 2023, 20:25
RE: Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine - by Sekwo - 17 July 2023, 11:11
RE: Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine - by Sekwo - 18 July 2023, 07:52
RE: Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine - by Sekwo - 18 July 2023, 08:21
RE: Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine - by Sekwo - 18 July 2023, 09:34
RE: Spike in Radioactivity in Ukraine - by Sekwo - 18 July 2023, 10:24