Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Links for articles on Bug Out Bikes
27 August 2012, 14:42,
RE: Links for articles on Bug Out Bikes
(27 August 2012, 11:23)IB1 Wrote: The OH suggested getting the bikes out yesterday and cycling to a pub we know. As I mentioned in another thread the bikes very rarely get out of the garage. It was a round trip of 10 miles according to google maps, all on secluded cycle tracks, and the biggest thing I learnt was the need for a quality saddle. The cheap plastic thing the bike came with is fine for a couple of miles to work and back but doing any kind of decent mileage is quite literally a real pain in the ass.

I'm probably going to look at the old style wide saddles with the springs at the back or a modern variant of it.

If you're in pain after only 10 miles, the saddle's probably not adjusted properly. Get that fixed first before shelling out on a new one.

I had the same problem a few months ago on a new tandem. I focussed so much attention on my partners's riding comfort, I forgot to set up mu position correctly with a lot of pain as a result. Now I've sorted thatwe are faster and also able to ride for much longer than before.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: Links for articles on Bug Out Bikes - by Tigs - 25 August 2012, 06:19
RE: Links for articles on Bug Out Bikes - by IB1 - 27 August 2012, 11:23
RE: Links for articles on Bug Out Bikes - by Lightspeed - 27 August 2012, 14:42