Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possibly the weirdest question I've ever asked
20 October 2012, 19:37,
RE: Possibly the weirdest question I've ever asked
I remember when I first got on this forum, it was hugely about the news, and gear reviews. The reviews are reducing, and the news is increasing. Which suggests either a heightening of fear, or of awareness....or both.

My answer to HER question: I live in freedom, knowing that I have accounted and taken measure, of those items that bring me fear. Accounting for the things that I am worried about, has allowed me to be more comfortable and relaxed in everyday life.

I remember NR harping on about having a good plan. Silly NR, what does he know? Turns out....quite a bit. So I developed a plan, that he probably wouldn't refer to as GOOD. As a result of building a plan (as helped by everyone on this forum), I live thinking that 'If something were to happen, I should be able to adapt and develop whatever plan I have for said situation. Having a plan has given me ease and relaxation that if something were to happen, I would probably be okay. Moreover, if nothing were to happen, I would have had a wonderful life living it up learning and practicing skills like, snowboarding, skiing, diving, swimming, bike riding, emergency driving, bushcraft, camping, and a whole host of martial arts, along with cooking, wood work, ultra running, and a shed-load more stuff.

I live freely, because I lived in fear....which has now become, a life of awareness and fun.

Does that make sense?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possibly the weirdest question I've ever asked - by Scythe13 - 20 October 2012, 19:37