Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal)
7 November 2012, 11:27,
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal)

.xlsx   SUK HT Configuration v3.xlsx (Size: 18.5 KB / Downloads: 15)

Guys and girls and fellow SUK-ers

Attached is V3 of the proposed channel and frequency protocol for standard Survivor UHF and VHF radio coms.

Updates from last version are:

Coded PMR446 frequencies and tones defined (ch 11 -18)

Private IDENT ( Handshake) defined ( Ch 50)
Note that this configuration is for example only as it is illegal to use in UK at the current time. It is included for information, not to encourage any law breaking!

PMR emergency call channels ( coded and uncoded) defined (Ch 90&91)
Coded channel required as some Motorola PMR446s cannot operate with CTCSS turned off.

VHF emergency call channels (uncoded) defined (Ch 92 -94)
These are in the Amateur band and should only be used post SHTF, unless an Amateur license is held

UHF emergency call channels (un-coded) defined (Ch 95 -98)
These are shared Amateur and PMR446 LPD frequencies. They can be used straight away with compliant LPD devices such as the Midland Basecamp and Intek MT5050. On all non LPD specific devices these frequencies should only be used post SHTF, unless an Amateur license is held.

[b]This is all the development work I am going to do on this.[/b]

I need input from Marine experts on which Marine frequencies to include. PLEASE ADVISE.

Local Amateur repeater data must be input by individuals ( if they so choose) for their own location.
PLEASE DO NOT GO FIRING UP YOUR LOCAL REPEATERS BY DEAD KEYING THEM. THIS IS A GUARANTEED WAY TO GET ANGRY PEOPLE TRYING TO TRIANGULATE YOU ALERT OFCOM FOR PROSECUTION.

Not counting the Marine block that I’m asking to have defined, this leaves 62 channels un-occupies for user defined frequencies.

The big block of channels 30 to 69 are for individuals and groups to configure as they please, to meet their private reqiurements
==========================================

Once the Marine frequencies are defined, I’ll let this simmer for a week or two and will then create a code image for UV5r users.
We will sort out how to distribute it at that time, although the intention will ultimately to have it sitting in a future download area.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 6 November 2012, 17:50
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 7 November 2012, 00:22
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Lightspeed - 7 November 2012, 11:27
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 15 November 2012, 21:49
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 15 November 2012, 22:49
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 17 November 2012, 15:21