5 years
10 years
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how long after an event for things to die down
2 January 2012, 04:07,
RE: how long after an event for things to die down
been watching the t.v. lately and saw the army using steel porta cabins in bases.
that gave me an idea about making a secure compound two cabins high around in a square a bit like a castle and make it in the woods
if as preppares we stock pile food and other things then have to bug out and leave it we become scavagers or raider's at some point if we bug out on foot the we can't carry everthing then we may become stuck?
we can't fortifie are home to the extend we will need and what about next door or above you or below?
if we plan now for the perfect bol then stock it and secure it before tshtf we can just take arselfs away and let the world fall down
also i have noticed that we are all small groups when do we sleep? who keeps watch what happens when they fall a sleep?
you should have two people at a time keeping watch for two hour stints but change one person on the hour
e.g.
00:00 A,B WATCH
01:00 A,C WATCH
02:00 C,D WATCH
03:00 D,B WATCH
04:00 B,A WATCH
05:00 A,C WATCH AND SO ON....
so for 1 watch post you need 4 people times that by 4 directions that's 16 people just to watch over the camp.
so maybe we need to team up and plan things in more detail if we want more than just get by?
i think the prepares that have been in the services need to think back to training and then re-apply what they know and share it with non service prepares
i also think that defence and attack abilities will play a bigger part in are survival than we think the farmer can grow the food we need but he can't keep it safe aswell?
can a doctor or nurse protect them self and family and grow food too? i think not.
any survival group will run out of some thing or an item will need replacing the we need to go out and get it how ever well that item is guarded if we have nothing to trade do we go away and do with out or will we take it by force for the greater good of all are families?
may be we need to disclose are locations roughly so we can may be team up and plan things more Huh
to win the war, you must be willing to die

Messages In This Thread
RE: how long after an event for things to die down - by grumpy old man - 2 January 2012, 04:07