Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harassing The Neighbor's Cat
27 November 2012, 20:32,
Harassing The Neighbor's Cat
I live in a rural area and have small livestock, so stray cats are not just another of God's little creatures for me. They are an invasive predatory species on the same level as wild dogs, our American coyotes, or any other dangerous predator.

However, some of them are housepets and I am hesitant to harm the ones I know are pets since I am a "cat person" myself. (Strange contridiction I know)

Anyway, I was looking out the front door and saw a black speck in the field about 150 yards out and recognized it as one of our neighbor's black cats, his head just clearing the tuffs of grass. This one forages far and wide and often causes my chickens a good deal of distress.

Being the evil minion I tend to be, I grabbed my Beeman Grizzley airgun and loaded up. (Yes we use airguns as well as "real shooters" over here)

At 150 yards I am aware that I had no chance of hitting the creature and if I did the energy would be so low as to only irritate him. Still, being in a frisky mood I sat the cat's head on top of the front sight and allowed half the barrel as elevation and fired off a pellet.

To may shock and amazement the cat jumped in the air, seemed to do a flip, spun around trying to find what was after him and then shot across the field at top speed!

I do not think I hit him, but I must have come close enough to get his undivided attention. A few rounds like this and he will find other hunting grounds.

Messages In This Thread
Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by Mortblanc - 27 November 2012, 20:32
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by NorthernRaider - 27 November 2012, 20:43
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by Prepper1 - 27 November 2012, 21:11
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by Straight Shooter - 27 November 2012, 22:45
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by ObongoPox - 28 November 2012, 00:42
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by Mortblanc - 28 November 2012, 05:24
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by Prepper1 - 28 November 2012, 12:22
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by NorthernRaider - 28 November 2012, 12:32
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by ObongoPox - 28 November 2012, 10:25
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by NorthernRaider - 28 November 2012, 11:05
RE: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat - by ObongoPox - 28 November 2012, 12:44