Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I on the Right Forum?
3 February 2013, 18:00,
Am I on the Right Forum?
Well, I've pottered gently through most of the posts on this Forum, marvelling at the information given and wondering at the scale of prepping carried out by some of you. It's a little scary, I must admit, to hear so many people thinking that things are going to get bad in the not-too-distant-future, but also strangely heartening that people are taking care of their families and thinking ahead.

Am I doing this right? I have to admit I am not storing huge amounts of dried foods (I do have a walk-in larder and it is well-stocked, but it is not up to a prolonged siege); I do not have any weapons (OH is marksman-standard after his Services training, but we do not own a weapon - unless you count our bonkers and territorial dog), and I do not own a bug-out bag. I say that, but I do have a first aid kit!

No, my survival tactics involve planting lots of useful trees (I now have a little and productive orchard) and a kitchen garden. I hoard seeds and they keep viable for years. I can make a meal from just about anything. I have all the old-fashioned crafts and skills learned when I was a wee girl, and I can tell you how Ma Nature keeps the seasons turning and what to plant when and how.

I just don't seem to fit with the prepping mentality, but I know I am aware and alert. Am I on the wrong forum?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Am I on the Right Forum? - by MaryN - 3 February 2013, 18:00
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by bigpaul - 3 February 2013, 18:09
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by MaryN - 3 February 2013, 20:20
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by Prepper1 - 3 February 2013, 18:33
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by preservefreak - 3 February 2013, 19:08
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by Highlander - 3 February 2013, 19:16