Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I on the Right Forum?
3 February 2013, 20:20, (This post was last modified: 3 February 2013, 20:26 by MaryN.)
RE: Am I on the Right Forum?
(3 February 2013, 18:09)bigpaul Wrote: sounds like your on the right track.if you can grow your own food day after day after day, you will be miles ahead of those who only have a store of food which will one day run out. it sounds like you have access to some sort of garden or land, could you supplement your planting with maybe some chickens and rabbits for meat? or are you vegetarian? if so i apologise! but these animals dont take up much room, people had them in their back yards during WW2 and they are fairly easy to look after.
Thankfully we are not vegetarians. I already keep some chickens for eggs, but I guess that could be boosted to include some meat poultry. Not sure about rabbits at the mo', a bit too much trouble to faff about with hutches and such. I'm not even sure I could kill something, but then, if need be and hunger kicks in I would probably get on with it. We do have some land and we keep horses (useful mode of transport, I should say!), and I could easily annexe some of that for pig or sheep keeping if necessary. My neighbour over the road is getting a few weaners and she has said we can share rearing them if I pass over any household/garden waste. Hey, there is hope.....

Thanks, Guys, all useful comments and I shall mull them over. Most of me is hopeful that nothing horrible happens, but I do realise that things are deteriorating all the time, and some kickback is sort of inevitable.

My OH, although now retired from the Services, did his 25 years and thoroughly enjoyed himself, but he's not normally aggressive. He just does things well and has an aptitude for coping. Actually, he likes to view things as challenges rather than problems, and I think that is quite positive. Would I defend myself and my family? Of course. No weapons but one could improvise with a garden machete and a pitchfork if need be. I hope it doesn't come to that.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Am I on the Right Forum? - by MaryN - 3 February 2013, 18:00
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by bigpaul - 3 February 2013, 18:09
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by MaryN - 3 February 2013, 20:20
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by Prepper1 - 3 February 2013, 18:33
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by preservefreak - 3 February 2013, 19:08
RE: Am I on the Right Forum? - by Highlander - 3 February 2013, 19:16