Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newb looking for some air rifle advice
8 February 2013, 13:56,
RE: newb looking for some air rifle advice
thanks everyone for the advice and the time spent helping me out with this
(5 February 2013, 12:17)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi PF

That's a good question, one well worth taking time to answer.

I'm not going to tell you what I've got, hoping to get, or anything like that. Reason being.....it doesn't matter. What I have doesn't effect you, so let's focus on you and your needs.

Simple first question, have you ever shot before? If yes, did you like it? If no, how would you feel spending a chunk of money to find out you hate shooting? yes I enjoyed it a lot though it was 10 years ago

Simple second question, would you recommend an expensive first car to someone whose never driven before? If they screw it up, it'll cost them. no I'd recommend they started with something basic and second hand then upgrade when they were more comfortable drivers

Third question, would you let a first time mechanic work on your expensive car? Would you want to learn to take apart and fix your super expensive car? probably not and yes I'd want to learn

Fourth question, what type of budget are you looking at? for a training tool somewhere between 50 and 150 pounds. Up to £500 for the 2nd rifle I get

Fifth question, what type of POU (Purpose Of Use) are you looking at? training and plinking for my first rifle. That and the odd small animal for the 2nd

Sixth question, do you have people around you that can get you started? Like borrowing a mates gun to see if you like it and if you can shoot an animal (if that's what you're planning on doing)?I don't think any of my mates are shooters alas

(8 February 2013, 10:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: PF dont forget if you want a practice rifle to borrow I still have that Co2 powered Qb78 here you can use till you get used to shooting.

NR I had forgotten you offered to lend that to me! My memory is getting worse everyday
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: newb looking for some air rifle advice - by preservefreak - 8 February 2013, 13:56