Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
20 February 2013, 00:04,
RE: Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
"Mo-Lone Lah-Vay!" (Come and take them!)

I think the second amendment just outlines a pre-existing natural right. Even if the second amendment is repealed, all human beings will retain the natural right to defend your life, liberty and the product of the previous two. It's a doomsday option in case peaceful revolution is made impossible. My opinion is that evil exists, and you have to be ready as a human being to deal with it. Firearms let you determine your own destiny.

There seems to be a strange idea that weapons are like the thorn in the metaphorical lions paw, and that by flicking the magical ban switch, the thorn disappears, and the lion behaves. I wish we had a clear constitution in the UK, with an enshrined right to bear arms and a powerful political lobby to stand up for it. If I had a say in establishing a Post-SHTF society/ tribe, the right to bear arms would be made clear, with no room for compromise. I support checking a presented ID against a list of felons/ mentally ill people before sale, and that is pretty much it.

If firearms are not easily available to the common man, then criminals and the state have the monopoly, and the last time I checked, neither have your best interests in mind. (Over 50 million killed directly, around 150 indirectly by their own governments since 1900)

What little range shooting I've done is via cadets. It's good for marksmanship principles, but I prefer blank firing exercises for small unit tactics.

Airsoft as well as other things like paintball are fun, and are good for developing teamwork, but you haven't got the constant fear of death hanging over you to make it realistic.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?.. - by Tibbs735 - 20 February 2013, 00:04