Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
21 February 2013, 19:23,
RE: Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
(21 February 2013, 19:03)Digger Wrote:
(19 February 2013, 21:21)Wildman Wrote: get an air rifle that has been tuned down for the uk. buy the parts that would up the power (all legal as long as they stay away from the rifle) if shtf apply the parts and you have a fire arm that has an enldes supply of rounds. my gamo varmint stalker shoots at 650fps the u.s varmint (hunter) same gun. shoots a 1450fps.

Hi Wildman,

A friend in Europe is looking to get a Gamo Big Cat 1250 in .22 calibre for me. I'll get the spring removed before bringing it back to UK.

Two questions for you as someone who has already gone down this road.

1. How did you go about getting a spring that brought your Gamo into UK spec?

2. Have you found a good field hunting pellet that works well with the de-tuned gun?

Hope you can help me here? It'll save me a lot of time and trouble.

Thanks

my guns de tuned and its the spring that i need lol. i havent tuned her up or got the spring ect. its the idea and legality loop hole i was mentioning. also u need to bore out part of the valve. when i know more i'll let u know. all i know is that its legal until you apply and do the work, but the whole kit with the tools needed can b sat in a tool box as legal as fresh milk. (guns arent illegal-firing pins are) when i realised this it opened my mind big time. as for the right pellet for de-tuned i havent taken the gun out into the field yet so for long shots i dont know-sorry. but for stalking shots i have found the most destructive (in my room shooting at a xxl baked bean tin) to be premier hollow point @ 14.3gr .93g made in the u.s.a by crossman. from what i can see these things (if close enough) would have the stopping power to bring down more than just rabbits. they also have polished behinds so they act as tracers at night. if you hear anything regarding our projects as i will tell u i would b gr8ful if u could do the same. hope i have been of some help.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?.. - by Wildman - 21 February 2013, 19:23