Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Opsec concerns about HAM licenses.
15 August 2013, 10:14,
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses.
I know what you mean LS, but opsec is opsec and anything, absolutely anything that reduces your profile is a good thing, being on ANY official register or list is an extra burdon that if it can be avoided should be. Fortunately two things are moving in our favour first that 12 w SSB doofah you told us about, I'm really hopeful about that, and secondly apparently the numbers of ham licences in the UK or at least the paid up members according to the amateur radio club magazines AL keeping giving shows a huge decline in the numbers of people taking it up and the age of the current members is ageing fast. So perhaps eventually the numbers will die off enough to a point that licencing will be a pointless excercise. I can hope anyway Smile its got to remain freedom of choice as to systems and networks we use.

EG even if their was a national prepper ham radio network I would still seek an independant system from it for my own groups opsec, folks like yourself and AL will hopefully enjoy a nationwide network but there are many people who only want private group comms.

Good post anyway and interesting.

Messages In This Thread
Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by Lightspeed - 15 August 2013, 10:03
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by NorthernRaider - 15 August 2013, 10:14
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by Binnie - 15 August 2013, 14:32
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by Jonas - 19 September 2013, 18:54
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by I-K-E - 15 August 2013, 16:50
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by Steve - 15 August 2013, 21:47
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by River Song - 20 September 2013, 11:40
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by Scythe13 - 20 September 2013, 11:43
RE: Opsec concerns about HAM licenses. - by Lightspeed - 20 September 2013, 11:51