5 years
10 years
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how long after an event for things to die down
14 October 2011, 10:49,
RE: how long after an event for things to die down
I voted for a year although I believe it won't be a fixed time. I believe it will take a winter to do it.

If it was to happen now as we approach winter many have food, fuel and are healthy. This would help even those unprepared to survive through winter although many would die. Then summer would see food, crops and the ability to look after yourself for most although again many would die. Finally the next winter there would be no stored food, no fuel and people would not be so healthy. That would see off the remainder of the crowd leaving only those who made the most of the growing season and/or those who prepared. That is where my 15 months figure came from.

Of course if the event happened early in the year people would have stores, fuel and be healthy and able to suppliment from the land. Coming into winter several months later would see most of them without stores and that would see most of them off.

So 6months minimum up to 15 months maximum before things settled down. A long time to be a grey man.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
RE: how long after an event for things to die down - by Skean Dhude - 14 October 2011, 10:49