Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bug out
17 October 2014, 07:42,
RE: bug out
My otherhalf thinks that my interest in 'survival' and all its implications means that I am paranoid and wants nothing to do with it. So we have had to come to a compromise and this means that, in my opinion, we are not as fully equipped to deal with things as I would like.
As far as bugging out is concerned I think that this would be a move of last resort due to our own personal domestic situation.
With regard to infectious diseases the choice would I feel be quite simple - some form of lock down and controlled access. Looking at the news on t.v. last night reminded me of a local situation where we had a foot and mouth outbreak and quite a few places had a chemical splash for vehicles going in and out and anyone on foot had to walk through a trough of something unpleasant to try and slow down the spread. It seemed to be effective and the outbreak was contained.
Having said all that we do live in a countryside location, by choice, and solutions seem to be more 'simple' than elsewhere where large populations are concerned. I do have to agree that two heads are better than one - maybe time and events will tell in that regard.

Messages In This Thread
bug out - by bowdrill - 13 October 2014, 21:16
RE: bug out - by Straight Shooter - 13 October 2014, 22:15
RE: bug out - by bigpaul - 14 October 2014, 08:42
RE: bug out - by bowdrill - 15 October 2014, 21:30
RE: bug out - by Skean Dhude - 16 October 2014, 10:01
RE: bug out - by bigpaul - 16 October 2014, 11:55
RE: bug out - by Straight Shooter - 16 October 2014, 17:36
RE: bug out - by iaaems - 17 October 2014, 07:42