Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF the SHTF what would the govt provide?
3 December 2014, 11:54, (This post was last modified: 3 December 2014, 11:58 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: IF the SHTF what would the govt provide?
SD Spot on in many cases the government could be a massive detriment to our survival, in winters past they have grabbed privately owned 4x4s and generators to lend to the police and authorities.

I know many disagree with me on this point and I do respect their viewpoint but every government from 1918 onwards when backed into a corner has often tried to seize stuff from the public such as radio receivers and privately owned guns, though I do think today that would be futile and nigh on impossible.

And of course we all know that people who put food and fuel and other stuff aside for a rainy day suddenly morph into nasty horders when it takes the politicians fancy.

Equally I think both BP and SD make a valid point that because most government offices etc are located in cities then its those cities where any available resources are likely to be directed to try and keep the peace for a while longer.

I do recall one snippet a minister let slip a long time ago about how the ideal situation would be if all the public lived in government controlled housing and only ever used public transport because they would be much easier to control in a crisis.

I think this may be what BP was referring to, a stuck up tory prick sneering at anyone not living in the SE
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-rich.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF the SHTF what would the govt provide? - by NorthernRaider - 3 December 2014, 11:54