Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far do you plan on going?
19 June 2015, 18:17,
How far do you plan on going?
With prepping, some people have a BOB (Bug Out Bag) that'll take them to 3 days. Others have a BOB for a week. Others have 10 days. Some have BOB's capable of total sustained relocation. Personally I have the latter of the lot, with caches to ease the transition, but I hope never to need to use them.

Some have stores for a week. Others a month. Others a year. Others still have a few years worth of stores.

With fuel, some have a week's worth. Some a months worth. Different people store fuel for different things. Some for vehicles and others for generators, and there are people that store fuel for both. There are preppers that store fuel by the time period, e.g. 1 week's fuel for normal commuting purposes. But there are also people that store fuel as in mileage, e.g. 400 miles worth of fuel. For generators, most people store by the time period…X amount will run my generator for a month…etc.

As we all prep for different things, we all have different needs.

There are the EOTWAWKI preppers, and the smaller event preppers, and the "Whatever comes this way…" preppers. But the needs of a prepper that plans 1 month's unemployment is very different from a prepper planning for a nuclear holocaust.

Is there a point where you'll say…YEP, I'm sorted now. I have X number of months/years preps, and I'm good. Or are you constantly prepping and storing?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
How far do you plan on going? - by Scythe13 - 19 June 2015, 18:17
RE: How far do you plan on going? - by Mortblanc - 19 June 2015, 21:18
RE: How far do you plan on going? - by Steve - 19 June 2015, 22:01
RE: How far do you plan on going? - by Sunna - 20 June 2015, 01:33
RE: How far do you plan on going? - by Steve - 20 June 2015, 07:38
RE: How far do you plan on going? - by bigpaul - 20 June 2015, 07:56