Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LS and SD opinions required please
4 July 2012, 08:22,
RE: LS and SD opinions required please
(4 July 2012, 07:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: LS,

What do you mean by us? I would envisage from what I have read here about Raynet that they will have all the preppers in their group already and thus any who want to go the ham route from here and sign up for licenses would likely join that group as well. I do see them as being more than complimentary.

I'm not sure that someone from this group who won't be going for a ham license would be interested in talking just about ham radio. Now maybe as a widen discussion on communications, power, etc. but certainly not just ham stuff.

I would be interested in others views here.

By Us I was thinking SUK, and reason is not to talk Ham radio but to understand Raynets plans for interfacing with PMR and CB in emergency situations. We (SUK) need to understand their plans.

Also we can learn a lot from Raynet, especially with regard to operating protocols that WE might need to adopt in order to interface with them.

This is not diverting from our aim to be self sufficient. More I am looking to learn ways of reinforcing the usability of our systems in emergency amd post SHTF scenarios.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: LS and SD opinions required please - by Lightspeed - 4 July 2012, 08:22