Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading the LDS Manual
2 November 2012, 16:14,
Reading the LDS Manual
I was reading the free downloadable LDS Manual and came across this in one of the sections.

People who were prepared were frequently mobbed/threatened by those who weren’t. This was reported in at least seven incidents, five in Mississippi, two in Louisiana (I suspect that the relative lack of Louisiana incidents was because most of those with any sense got out of Dodge before the storm hit).

In each case, the person/family concerned had made preparations for disaster, with supplies, shelter, etc. in good order and ready to go. Several had generators ready and waiting.

However, their neighbors who had not prepared all came running after the disaster, wanting food, water and shelter from them.
When the prepared families refused, on the grounds that they had very little, and that only enough for themselves, there were many incidents of aggression, attempted assault, and theft of their supplies.

Some had to use weapons to deter attack, and in some cases, shots were fired. I understand that in two incidents, attackers/would-be thieves were shot.

It’s also reported that in all of these cases, the prepared families now face threats of retribution from their neighbors, who regarded their refusal to share as an act of selfishness and/or aggression, and are now threatening retaliation.

It’s reportedly so bad that most of the prepared families are considering moving to other neighborhoods so as to start afresh, with different neighbors.

I know this is ancient news (dated January 1st, 2011) but it's just a reminder to us all about just how tenuous friendship is especially those who might be thinking of "being nice to your fellow man".

Messages In This Thread
Reading the LDS Manual - by Paul - 2 November 2012, 16:14
RE: Reading the LDS Manual - by bigpaul - 2 November 2012, 16:18
RE: Reading the LDS Manual - by PrepperJohn - 2 November 2012, 16:55
RE: Reading the LDS Manual - by Paul - 2 November 2012, 19:13
RE: Reading the LDS Manual - by Scythe13 - 2 November 2012, 17:26
RE: Reading the LDS Manual - by Prepper1 - 3 November 2012, 14:23
RE: Reading the LDS Manual - by Hexyprep - 3 November 2012, 21:25