Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
when to bug out-knowing the signs.
30 May 2013, 10:47,
RE: when to bug out-knowing the signs.
Interesting, but I'd suggest that, if you waited to see the signs in the "Know The Signs" paragraph, you'd be too late.

This issue has been a real conundrum for me. (Less so now that we have "permanently" bugged out to Scotland). I think to be assured of an effective bug-out, you need to do it while everyone else still thinks it's Business As Usual. This can be difficult. It might mean just walking off your job, taking your kids out of school while classes are carrying on as normal, etc.

Moving around the UK is difficult at the best of times. The minute the general public get a sniff that there's a real problem, the country will grind to a halt.

Many of the ideas in the article are sound, such as keeping an eye on various sources of information. But, in the final analysis, the effective prepper might just have to accept that they're going to be seen as the "weirdo" who appears to be reacting to nothing, but in actual fact is just ahead of the curve. (Like the girl in Alex Scarrow's "Last Light").
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.

Messages In This Thread
RE: when to bug out-knowing the signs. - by Tarrel - 30 May 2013, 10:47