Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complicated Comms made easy
11 September 2013, 12:10,
Complicated Comms made easy
This is something that annoyed the hell out of me, but I'm really enjoying at the moment!

Comms is a very complicated mind boggling thing! Oh wait, I mean, it used to be.

If you take your time to learn the acronyms and all the jargon stuff, it's amazingly simple to actually pick up comms and get a basic understanding. I'm nowhere near LS or MikeA's level of understanding. But within about a week I have been able to 'with half hearted effort' pick up the basics of what comms is about and how it works.

If you are scared of comms and how to get your radio working with CTCSS, sort squelching, and work in both UHF and VHF, while transmitting via a Parrot...damn right I get this stuff. Then just take your time.

If you're that interested in comms, please post on this thread. I'm going to try to distill the 2.5% of what you need to know to get up and running with comms.

For example, you don't need to understand radiation, magnetrons, and molecular resonance to be able to work a microwave. You just press a few buttons and suddenly, you have hot food. It's very similar with basic comms equipment. You don't need to understand how everything works. You just need to know what buttons to press to get that hot meal, right?

If you're interested, please comment here and I'll try to get it so that everything is very simple.

If you're not interested, please don't comment. Enough comments and I'll start a "I'm smarter than S13 - guide to comms" It will be designed to take you from smarter than me, to much more capable than me, in regard to comms.

If there's not enough of an interest, I won't bother with it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Complicated Comms made easy - by Scythe13 - 11 September 2013, 12:10
RE: Complicated Comms made easy - by TheFalcon - 11 September 2013, 15:49
RE: Complicated Comms made easy - by BeardyMan - 11 September 2013, 16:59
RE: Complicated Comms made easy - by OpSecRadio - 12 September 2013, 09:38
RE: Complicated Comms made easy - by I-K-E - 12 September 2013, 11:05
RE: Complicated Comms made easy - by Scythe13 - 12 September 2013, 11:47