Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible we are all just kidding ourselves?
19 July 2014, 23:58,
Is it possible we are all just kidding ourselves?
I'm not trying to be defeatist or deliberately depressing, but has anyone here thought about their chances of actually making it through a period of significant upheaval? I mean a realistic percentage probability.

This is assuming you have everything squared away; resources, skills, will to survive, strong community etc. How do the circumstances in the UK affect your likelihood of survival? My main issue is population density and and laws regarding firearms, both of which make it quite hard to either hide or fend off intruders.

Don't get me wrong, some will always survive. Even in a place like Tokyo, I think some would still be alive after everything has settled down. The question is, how much does prepping actually improve your chances of survival, above the random luck of the draw as to who will stumble through SHTf and make it out the other side.

I'm currently trying to break through several barriers in my prepping efforts, and this question is one of them.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8

Messages In This Thread
Is it possible we are all just kidding ourselves? - by Tibbs735 - 19 July 2014, 23:58