Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Emergency kits then and now
8 November 2014, 10:19,
Our Emergency kits then and now
I was tidying up my files last night and I came across the kit list for my Bug out Bag of around 8 years ago, It was fairly well thought out for the time YET it still required a full 100 litre Rucksack to get everything in. Today I look at my Get Home Bag and see its only a third of the size 35 litres yet it still has just about everything I need to suit my current GH needs ( excluding sleeping bag). Its amazing how our kit and plans change so much in such a short time.

1989 prime threat Global Nuclear War / IRA terrorism
1999 The EU/Labours Rampage /Foot & Mouth / MRSA/ Anthrax / Riots
2009 Islam / The EU/ Economic collapse caused by Labour and stupid bankers / Tsunamis / Wild Weather/ Hellish winter cold period
2014 Islam/ Russia/ The EU / Economic failure/ Mass immigration / Idiot tories

2007 (ish) Bug Out Bag kit and supplies for a week, clothing, food, major medical kit, loads of maps, foul weather gear, basically it was an expedition kit on steroids

2014 a low profile tactical kit containing only 24 hours food supplies, more tools, more comms gear, less maps, smaller size , less water, much smaller medical kit, far far less clothing, no sleeping bag.

Back then most of us had bugging Out as a primary action with only a few of us in a suitable position to stay [put, move forward to today and roughly the balance has reversed far more folks being driven to BUG IN and only a very competent and highly skilled group wanting to still put Bugging out first. ( that's how I see it YMMV)

"The Times They Are A Changing "

Messages In This Thread
Our Emergency kits then and now - by NorthernRaider - 8 November 2014, 10:19