Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh dear what,s that brown stuff !
13 March 2015, 21:56,
Oh dear what,s that brown stuff !
Checked out my food store today, about 12 boxes of OXO cubes gone soft and mushy ....and brown stains...Tins.....spaghetti , chopped tomato , some baked beans have stains ....mushy peas...tinned fruit, also gone the same way ..all tins are on timber shelving and 2 ft above the timber floor, there is plastic 1 mm sheet between the tins.....the OXO cubes were not in air tight containers .... most of the tins are Aldi,s ....the better quality stuff seemed to have faired better, all honey has crystallized ...which is fine and to be expected ...put jar in warm water and honey will be as normal. Will go through all stock in the coming days to see if there are more problems. So how often to you check your food preps ? .......by the way ALL canned fish seem fine. Finally when i started to prep , i bought big time trying to cover all the bases as fast as i could like many on here i suspect ....the lesson here is good housekeeping and maintenance...stock rotation ....if you fail on this all the effort ,time and money is wasted ....your insurance ....does not exist, at a time you need it most, What say you....what do you do, how do you manage your food preps.

Messages In This Thread
Oh dear what,s that brown stuff ! - by Straight Shooter - 13 March 2015, 21:56
RE: Oh dear what,s that brown stuff ! - by Steve - 13 March 2015, 23:39