Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Decisions: Knowing When to Bug Out
17 July 2015, 18:17,
RE: Hard Decisions: Knowing When to Bug Out
And a complicate consideration, most of it concentrated on the urban situation.

I have lived in my rural area for 6 years and have seen police cars on my lane twice in that time. I called them once to issue a warning to some little hooligan riding an unsilenced dirt bike at 6am on Saturday morning. I would have killed the nit myself but I would have had to clean the gun and it was not worth the effort.

The other time I saw them I am sure they were serving papers. Therefore seeing or speaking to LEO and emergency services in my are means nothing.

One must consider that they might already live where everyone else would consider a BOL.

On several occasions I have seen heavy smoke from multiple locations, but it has been due to weather related incidents, not TEOTW. My own power was down, phone service was gone, cell service had been blocked for use by emergency services (they can do that). The only connection to the outside world was a battery powered radio. Fortunately the tornado hit the little village down the road and wiped all 300 houses out instead of hitting me. They had to bug out, I didn't.

It's all relative and when you begin setting rules for when to bug out you will always be caught in a guessing game.

All plans break down after first contact with the enemy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hard Decisions: Knowing When to Bug Out - by Mortblanc - 17 July 2015, 18:17