Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health is prep number one!
1 August 2015, 09:55,
Health is prep number one!
The more I think about it, the clearer it is.

Maintaining your health and improving, is the number one prep a person can make.

Now I'm not talking about being superman, cross fit games, ultra endurance athlete, kind of fit. I'm talking about health in the context of, reducing the chances of becoming unwell, suffering a heart attack, stroke, or something like that.

In the last 100 years, more people have died from heart attacks and cancer, than earthquakes, tsunami's, and even war's.

There are more people suffering from obesity in the world, than there are starvation (scary stuff hu? Don't believe me? Look it up). So you now have more of a chance of dying BEFORE TSHTF, than during the process.

But let's say something major did happen. Those that are fit and healthy are hugely more likely to survive than those who are not.

Looking after yourself, a good diet, protection from the sun (reduce chance of skin cancer), and a healthy lifestyle, will be infinitely more useful than 100 tins of beans would be for a fat person who has dire health issues like diabetes and the alike.

An EOTWAWKI scenario may not be avoidable. But obesity and poor health related illnesses are.

Live well now, and you might live long enough to see TEOTWAWKI. Live badly now, and I promise you that you'll not live long enough to see things go tits up, and help those you love.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Health is prep number one! - by Scythe13 - 1 August 2015, 09:55
RE: Health is prep number one! - by Barneyboy - 1 August 2015, 10:05
RE: Health is prep number one! - by bigpaul - 1 August 2015, 10:33
RE: Health is prep number one! - by Sunna - 1 August 2015, 11:34
RE: Health is prep number one! - by bigpaul - 1 August 2015, 11:44
RE: Health is prep number one! - by Spandex228 - 2 August 2015, 08:22
RE: Health is prep number one! - by Sunna - 2 August 2015, 09:38
RE: Health is prep number one! - by Barneyboy - 2 August 2015, 10:55
RE: Health is prep number one! - by Scythe13 - 2 August 2015, 13:30