Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug In or OUT Your response times matter
6 September 2016, 18:15,
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter
My plan was to retire permanently to my bugout location, which I did in 2011.

If I must leave my primary residence for a local emergency, my alternate plan is to move in with a neighbor about 8 miles away, where I have pre-positioned equipment and supplies. He has done the same thing at my place.

If the region where we are is unsafe, an alternate location is with a relative about 100 miles farther away from the city, where I also have equipment and supplies stored. The farm would support an extended family group and did until 1940.

Locations are planned to be able to walk to the nearby refuge if necessary and bike to the farther away one if I must leave the Jeep or other vehicle behind.

PACE planning with Primary, Alternate, Contingency and Emergency routings, pre-positioned caches at likely rest stops or overnight hide locations have been scouted and tested. Avoiding heavily travelled roads, having discreet overland routes with water sources, etc. identified.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter - by CharlesHarris - 6 September 2016, 18:15
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter - by Jonas - 10 September 2016, 16:11
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter - by Jonas - 12 September 2016, 15:47
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter - by Jonas - 12 September 2016, 20:47