Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug In or OUT Your response times matter
12 September 2016, 16:57,
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter
If you have to follow the work, Richmond outskirts are better than NoVa anywhere along the I95 north of Quantico/Fredericksburg. Since your BOL is towards the south, Chesterfield County is a nice area outside the city which gives you a jump start in the direction towards your BOL.

Drawback is that the schools in Chesterfield County are not the best, unless they have improved since I last visited there. But fire, EMS and police services are excellent and their public safety radio communications (which I worked on post 9/11) are state of the art. Multiple routes out of the area beside the Interstate system are a big plus! Learn the back roads!!

Many areas which used to have rural character have been ruined by urban sprawl and development, Mechnicsville, Glen Allen, etc. Some areas east of Richmond, Varina, etc. have maintained their rural character, but have become expensive and lack the quality of services and shopping, schools, of other surrounding areas. Overall Richmond is a very livable city with nice amenities if you like a suburban lifestyle, but you can find suburbs having more of a rural character, depending upon your price range. But overall MUCH less expensive than anything within a Metro ride distance into DC from Fairfax, Arlington, Loudoun or Prince William Counties!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter - by Jonas - 10 September 2016, 16:11
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter - by Jonas - 12 September 2016, 15:47
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter - by CharlesHarris - 12 September 2016, 16:57
RE: Bug In or OUT Your response times matter - by Jonas - 12 September 2016, 20:47