Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family planning
13 October 2019, 00:02,
Family planning
That’s got your attention.....Now seriously .....I’ve been thinking what if there is a major event, the power and everything else is off, and i am out by myself, probably within perhaps five miles from home and my OH is at home alone.

I know that i can get home in a couple of hours but during that time what does she do, check radio and internet for information, and if the event is catastrophic, secure house, turn off gas, switch to battery power for lights, fill bath with water, move crates into the house, load up BOV ?. All the time not knowing if i will make it home.

If OH is out the same, as she is more vulnerable than i am, do i try to get to her or hope she can get home herself and i get on with the jobs ?.

I think our main need will be communication, if mobile phones are out we need radios with a minimum urban range of five to ten miles so a pair of baofeng uv5r looks essential. At least we’ll know we’re both safe. We also need lists of jobs printed, if we’re bugging in timing could be essential.

Messages In This Thread
Family planning - by Pete Grey - 13 October 2019, 00:02
RE: Family planning - by Straight Shooter - 13 October 2019, 13:01
RE: Family planning - by Pete Grey - 14 October 2019, 12:06
RE: Family planning - by CharlesHarris - 15 October 2019, 01:04
RE: Family planning - by Pete Grey - 15 October 2019, 23:35