Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Close Are Your Loved Ones
7 December 2012, 18:25,
RE: How Close Are Your Loved Ones
That's easy my mum and sister are in Norfolk so miles away not that it matters as we don't speak so basically if tshtf I'd be pretty knackered Huh
7 December 2012, 19:05,
When TSHTF it'll be just me and OH !!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2012, 19:18,
Erm... Depending on where the train is where I work, I can be anywhere upto 300+ miles away from my family. Be a bit of a bugger to walk home like.
7 December 2012, 19:48,
(7 December 2012, 19:18)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Erm... Depending on where the train is where I work, I can be anywhere upto 300+ miles away from my family. Be a bit of a bugger to walk home like.

Are you one of those lucky bastards who has my all time dream job working on the railways ?, If so I hate you Smile

7 December 2012, 19:52,
It wasn't such a dream today, I'll tell you that mate. Couldn't wait to finish.

At least we have a good & powerful trade union led by comrade bobsky.

Sorry NR, couldn't help it Smile
7 December 2012, 22:05,
Kids' school is a 25 minute walk from mine across two large commons. No need for roads.
Their mother's is another 15 minutes from the school. Have to cross a couple of streets to get there to get my boys if TSHTF. She will have to fend for herself come the time...
Am trying to get a job that allows me to do some of my work from home so would be a big bonus if I got it...

Wish me luck!! Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
7 December 2012, 23:19,
This would be a problem for us,.. our kids and their families are about four hours south of us, so if for instance we had a EMI happened and cars were not working, there is no way they could get to us,....any other emergency that alows travel would probably see them heading north to us,...its one reason we are trying to bring them onto the preppers wagon
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 December 2012, 01:20,
Shitty horrid question

Mother and Stepfather in London
Father and Stepmother in LA

Twins at school in Newcastle
Eldest at school in Durham (walking distance)'
Husband has clinics in Durham, Darlington and Bishop Auckland)

I work mainly from home

We have had several issues getting girls back from Newcastle and it is one of my biggest fears.
8 December 2012, 08:57,
260 miles,several routes I could take by bike to reach the OH,shes staying put and has enough supplies to last until I get there to form a more permanent solution
8 December 2012, 11:28,
(8 December 2012, 01:20)Ferret Wrote: Shitty horrid question

Mother and Stepfather in London
Father and Stepmother in LA

Twins at school in Newcastle
Eldest at school in Durham (walking distance)'
Husband has clinics in Durham, Darlington and Bishop Auckland)

I work mainly from home

We have had several issues getting girls back from Newcastle and it is one of my biggest fears.

how is it a shitty horrid question? surely its something every prepper should be prepared for? as for your girls stuck in newcastle if shtf doesnt it make sense if your in touch with other preppers closer to them via radio that you have possibly met already who can collect or meet your girls if closer to them then you are or if you cant make it ?