Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
19 February 2013, 21:53,
RE: Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
(19 February 2013, 21:46)Wildman Wrote: mine is a .22 and it shoots @ the legal 12pounds.

WM,.. that is very simular to mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkS2CHNS6o
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 February 2013, 21:54,
very nice gun pal ,but i think you may have made a boo boo because the 177 may shoot at that fps but the grain of lead is only 9 grains for 177 as for the flink lock would be about 1ouce of lead at 750 fps which would take a head off
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 February 2013, 22:00, (This post was last modified: 19 February 2013, 22:09 by Wildman.)
(19 February 2013, 21:54)Barneyboy Wrote: very nice gun pal ,but i think you may have made a boo boo because the 177 may shoot at that fps but the grain of lead is only 9 grains for 177 as for the flink lock would be about 1ouce of lead at 750 fps which would take a head off

cant complain there lol. but if any one wanted to be able to own a fire arm with out the risk of well anything, i'de mod an air gun. when a pellet hits the sound barrier it rattles putting it off, but with cirtain 19gr hunting hollow points and steel tipped balistic rounds its the cheapest and risk free way i know of to be armed and able. bb that looks like a nice boom stick in the pic!!

(19 February 2013, 21:53)Highlander Wrote:
(19 February 2013, 21:46)Wildman Wrote: mine is a .22 and it shoots @ the legal 12pounds.

WM,.. that is very simular to mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkS2CHNS6o

wow, its practicly the same gun!!! how about a review as i've not yet shot mine in the field. Wink

i've also heard that if u get a pcp rifle and fill it with helium and load with steel tipped balistic rounds it will blow holes in a metal dust bin (not sure if this true so dont trie unless sure)
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
19 February 2013, 22:12, (This post was last modified: 19 February 2013, 22:13 by Highlander.)
I havent had the rifle very long, but have used it a lot,... the sight that is shown on the video is a different sight to what you get when you buy it now,.. apprently people didnt like the sight so the makers started selling the gun with a much better sight for no extra cost

The photo below shows it.... I have had no trouble at all with it, it `feels right`, the sight sits at the right hieght,..i.e. you dont have to raise your cheek to alien your eyes,.... it is easy to break, and I like the hard plastic, as opposed to wood, I would guess it will last the test of time well

The only slight bug, is that it might be slightly heavy for some people, but I weighed this up when I was buying it,..and for me it gave the feeling of a military piece,..so felt good

[Image: _C160023.jpg]

Its a .22 by the way
19 February 2013, 22:20,
(19 February 2013, 22:12)Highlander Wrote: I havent had the rifle very long, but have used it a lot,... the sight that is shown on the video is a different sight to what you get when you buy it now,.. apprently people didnt like the sight so the makers started selling the gun with a much better sight for no extra cost

The photo below shows it.... I have had no trouble at all with it, it `feels right`, the sight sits at the right hieght,..i.e. you dont have to raise your cheek to alien your eyes,.... it is easy to break, and I like the hard plastic, as opposed to wood, I would guess it will last the test of time well

The only slight bug, is that it might be slightly heavy for some people, but I weighed this up when I was buying it,..and for me it gave the feeling of a military piece,..so felt good

[Image: _C160023.jpg]

Its a .22 by the way
the barrel is so bloody sexy!!!! makes the rifle look like a tactical 303!! and yep the all weather body was the turning point for me. i'm trying to find a review of it online-this dude puts the gamo through alsorts of abuse then cleans down with a wet flannel and all back to normal. good buy HL, i have found that in my room atleast lol the best leads to fire for destructive qualitys are crossman 14.3gr hollow points. xlarge baked bean tin i use for a bin i'll now be using as a ho-bo stove on acount of all the holes blown in it lol
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
19 February 2013, 22:26,
I am still using the ammo that was recommended when I bought the gun,... they are made by Webley and are the `Accupell` 5.5mm
20 February 2013, 00:04,
"Mo-Lone Lah-Vay!" (Come and take them!)

I think the second amendment just outlines a pre-existing natural right. Even if the second amendment is repealed, all human beings will retain the natural right to defend your life, liberty and the product of the previous two. It's a doomsday option in case peaceful revolution is made impossible. My opinion is that evil exists, and you have to be ready as a human being to deal with it. Firearms let you determine your own destiny.

There seems to be a strange idea that weapons are like the thorn in the metaphorical lions paw, and that by flicking the magical ban switch, the thorn disappears, and the lion behaves. I wish we had a clear constitution in the UK, with an enshrined right to bear arms and a powerful political lobby to stand up for it. If I had a say in establishing a Post-SHTF society/ tribe, the right to bear arms would be made clear, with no room for compromise. I support checking a presented ID against a list of felons/ mentally ill people before sale, and that is pretty much it.

If firearms are not easily available to the common man, then criminals and the state have the monopoly, and the last time I checked, neither have your best interests in mind. (Over 50 million killed directly, around 150 indirectly by their own governments since 1900)

What little range shooting I've done is via cadets. It's good for marksmanship principles, but I prefer blank firing exercises for small unit tactics.

Airsoft as well as other things like paintball are fun, and are good for developing teamwork, but you haven't got the constant fear of death hanging over you to make it realistic.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
20 February 2013, 01:13,
today at work ive just been offered a BSA lightning .22 air rifle ,2 yr old, wooden stock,nikko 4x32 scope,bag etc...very tempted and wants half he paid for it from new....BUT i sold a one at work recently ...a SMK 20m for a good price and still made 30 quid on it..........i invested "most" of the money in crossbow related "accessories"....pasta,tins and lager (all tested and used up now !)......do i really need another one ??
20 February 2013, 01:19,
(20 February 2013, 01:13)RoadWarrior Wrote: today at work ive just been offered a BSA lightning .22 air rifle ,2 yr old, wooden stock,nikko 4x32 scope,bag etc...very tempted and wants half he paid for it from new....BUT i sold a one at work recently ...a SMK 20m for a good price and still made 30 quid on it..........i invested "most" of the money in crossbow related "accessories"....pasta,tins and lager (all tested and used up now !)......do i really need another one ??

if U think its a better gun for your needs then yes-plus if u feel u can sell it for more then another yes!!
20 February 2013, 01:25,
(20 February 2013, 01:19)Wildman Wrote:
(20 February 2013, 01:13)RoadWarrior Wrote: today at work ive just been offered a BSA lightning .22 air rifle ,2 yr old, wooden stock,nikko 4x32 scope,bag etc...very tempted and wants half he paid for it from new....BUT i sold a one at work recently ...a SMK 20m for a good price and still made 30 quid on it..........i invested "most" of the money in crossbow related "accessories"....pasta,tins and lager (all tested and used up now !)......do i really need another one ??

if U think its a better gun for your needs then yes-plus if u feel u can sell it for more then another yes!!
well aready got a nice Hatsan .22 and had it chrono,d at work ....nuff said !........but know i can make dosh on this too..so hopefully i may get it soon as ! ?