Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
if it was up to you ....?
2 October 2013, 17:48,
RE: if it was up to you ....?
I forgot to mention....great post Sunna .....it was needed.....very much in my opinion many thanks.
2 October 2013, 19:38,
The biggest issue, IMO, is there needs to be postings from more than a handful of members. To that end I agree with Binnie that thread hijacking and facebook style threads aren't helpful. Also agree with S13 "I'd like people to ask their questions." This is how we all learn, even people who've been into survival for a long time. Sometimes I've seen a newbie bring up a question or topic and then get slammed with condescending remarks about how wrong their thinking is. As members we are obliged to treat newbies better. We all have our own ways. Sometimes discussing survival is like discussing how to do something on a computer: there's many ways of doing the same thing. Don't try to convince everyone that your way is THE way.

regarding the "Americanisation" of SUK, I dont understand the thinking of having less ideas posted is better. Personally speaking, if a guy in Alberta,Canada has an idea for making survival easier, I'd like to know, even though I'm in Florida, USA.

I've tried to be a good guest here, and will continue to do so. Bottom line is SUK is only as good as its members.
2 October 2013, 20:16,
Well said Rush. I mostly agree with you.

There has indeed been a degree of condescending remarks to newcomers to prepping. That was wrong, and I think it has pretty much stopped now.

Re the Americanisation of SUK, we're all adults on here, well, most of us are. And we have the capacity to ignore stuff that not pertinent to us. That said, I personally dislike the gun-centric point of view pushed by some US members, as it is almost always irrelevant to the general UK situation.

Being pedantic, I'd re-phrase your final comment: Bottom line is SUK is only as good as its contributing members.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

2 October 2013, 22:46,
I would like people to just make comments when they are adding something to the conversation. Comments like 'I don't do that because of this' are OK in some circumstances but not all and there needs to be self control and consideration for others when commenting.

I would also like less gossip but I'm guilty of that too if the gossip is something I'm interested in.I don't usually start it though.

I also get fed up with topics being hijacked but that is the way real life conversations go too. Someone needs to bring it back on track and it isn't down to moderators, we are not there most of the time and sometimes we get distracted too I don't reply to thread titles I reply to posts and so do most of us. If it diverges say so and keep saying so. You want the information so you need to chase it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 October 2013, 16:39,
is that it , with all the moaning going on lately i thought more of you would of piped up
Survive the jive (youtube )
3 October 2013, 20:12,
I now know that this site has become "blinkered" to a great extent, SD has more or less said he doesn't want ANY NEWS ....so its like were all prepping to survive certain "possible " events...these events IMO must mean FLOODS (natural occurences not fairy story biblically proportionate types),possibly stuck in a snow drift on the M6, running out of petrol on the way back from the shops perhaps?? to me it doesn't mean prepping for WW3,the outcome of an invasion in Syria, threat of tyrannical Gov push towards NWO oppression, the dollar collapse or anything remotely possible for what I deem a real threat to me and this country and its subjects/servants..slaves.
these news items seem to exist in my real world and am sure the worlds of other too !!! never mind ....but I can see the "elephant in the room" ! so theres other sites that I go on now that cater for my needs/paranoias......but I wouldn't expect anyone that uses Darwins quotes to be on my wave length . see you somewhere else maybe .RW signing off.
3 October 2013, 21:16,
I am sorry to see you go RW .....I at least.... liked your posts and agree with your views in full measure ,it is hard to believe others can't SEE .....I am certain they will though as they shut the gate ....I wish you well pal till we meet again , FAIRWELL SS
4 October 2013, 09:30,
(2 October 2013, 16:43)Scythe13 Wrote: Unless you know everything there is about homesteading, bushcraft, construction, electronics, and the alike, then you should be asking questions. What I would do to improve the forum, I'd get people to ask their questions.

There are better places to make these enquiries. Places where you can get far more detailed information on said topic.

Questions are asked - just not always on here.
4 October 2013, 10:30,
I value SUK because it's one of the only British prepping sites, and it's the best I've found so far. I just wish I could contribute more.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
4 October 2013, 11:37,
(4 October 2013, 10:30)Tibbs735 Wrote: I value SUK because it's one of the only British prepping sites, and it's the best I've found so far. I just wish I could contribute more.

Questions and ideas count as contributions mate. If I say something and you want to ask about an aspect of it, then it makes sense to ask. I am VERY hard to insult, and I prefer to think the best of people (post SHTF, I'll be thinking otherwise), so if you ask something, it'll be answered as well as possible.

It's when questions get challenged that you have major developments in ideas and the alike.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin