Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bugging out??
7 March 2012, 16:01,
RE: Bugging out??
Never said I didn't have any caches, but I don't hold with all this if your house looks trashed you'll be safe, if you live in an area where there gona be trashing houses your not safe!
7 March 2012, 16:53,
Never said you would be safe but it will reduce the risk a littel and every bit counts.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 March 2012, 17:34,
i've seen lots of houses on council estates that look like they've been trashed alreadyTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 March 2012, 18:49,
(7 March 2012, 17:34)bigpaul Wrote: i've seen lots of houses on council estates that look like they've been trashed alreadyTongue

Those are the ones we call scrote-occupied haha.

I'm in slight agreement with PrepGirl, but I think what SD said is right as well. It will reduce your chances. If people are seriously looking for food, a totally mashed up home is likely to be left. But if it only looks a little screwed up, they're going to double check. To get a home looking totally done over, you'd need to start stocking up on charcoal to blacken out most of the brickwork on the outside. But I still don't think you'll be safe.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 March 2012, 23:12,
I would not stay to the point where I needed to make my house look trashed, we've agreed it would not be safe and I wouldn't put my daughters or my life at risk, personally I would not recommend it but each to their own.
8 March 2012, 09:49,
if anyone thinks their house is going to be trashed, fire bombed or ram raided they need to get out fast!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2012, 14:17,
just spent about an hour walking the first part of my bug out route-ended up in a very muddy pig farmTongue have to go back another time wearing my boots!i think the footpath goes through there-they often go through farms- but i'll just have to make sure, i'm trying to find a way to the ford over the river.
8 March 2012, 14:33,
(8 March 2012, 14:17)bigpaul Wrote: just spent about an hour walking the first part of my bug out route-ended up in a very muddy pig farmTongue

Hey, at least you can have a nice cook up when you get there!
8 March 2012, 14:57,
BP,

Either make friends with the farmer and let him see you walking that way or find a safe route. After an event he will be wary of people turning up and to him you will just be another refugee.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 March 2012, 15:11,
(8 March 2012, 14:57)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP,

Either make friends with the farmer and let him see you walking that way or find a safe route. After an event he will be wary of people turning up and to him you will just be another refugee.

i'm trying to find away around-instead of going through-i want to find a route away from houses and off road, dont mind if it takes a bit longer that way, will try it again in a day or two.