Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could choose ONE extra item to add to your kit
12 February 2013, 14:12,
RE: If you could choose ONE extra item to add to your kit
(10 February 2013, 10:33)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(10 February 2013, 09:39)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Do they not take into account the age when you "committed the offence" & the time passed without trouble? I genuinely don't know so please don't think I'm trying to say you're wrong or anything.

No, I got arrested at age 15 for drinking a pint of beer in a pub, banned fer life from getting an FAC, I did get a shotgun cert for a few years but constant spot checks by the plods made me give it up. Also some of my TA RMP colleagues were also civvy cops and they told me the states plans to sieze all privately owned guns if TSHTF, they appatrently came close to doing it when the moners strikes got violent, and again when they thought the poll tax protests may turn into revolution. If the Russians moved into West Germany they intened to grab civvy guns and civvy ham radios and give them to a resistance group so the country could keep fighting if UKLF and BAOR were crushed, most of us thought at the time nukes would be used before that point but the plans to grab civvie guns and Amateur radios was enough to persuade me that I did not want plod coming for my registered FACS and grabbing every bit of prep kit I had.

What is a prohibited person?
A person who has been sentenced to imprisonment, detention or corrective training for a term of three years or more, is permanently prohibited from having any firearms or ammunition in their possession. This means for life and includes all firearms, even air weapons.

A person sentenced to imprisonment, detention or corrective training for a period of over three months but less than three years is prohibited from possessing firearms and ammunition for five years from date of release.
12 February 2013, 15:05,
I think it actually worded more like a Person or Persons CONVICTED of an Arrestable offence where upon convition the sentence could be imprisonment, Its the actual CONVICTION that nobbles you not the actual sentence, I think ?

12 February 2013, 15:27,
(12 February 2013, 15:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: I think it actually worded more like a Person or Persons CONVICTED of an Arrestable offence where upon convition the sentence could be imprisonment, Its the actual CONVICTION that nobbles you not the actual sentence, I think ?

I copied that straight from the MET website. It is a bit vague though

The verdict is the decision "guilty or not guilty" (in some courts, other verdicts are possible).

The sentence is the punishment imposed as a result of a guilty verdict.

A conviction exists when the verdict is "guilty" but not when the verdict is "not guilty."

So, the jury might return a verdict of "guilty" when you are tried for murder. You are therefore convicted of murder and you may be sentenced to life in prison.

So you can't have a conviction without a sentence, so I can only presume that the wording is correct, and if you do a stretch of 3 or more years, then you're S.O.O.L
13 February 2013, 14:04,
Ok, getting back to the original point of the topic....

I wouldn't mind a roll of the mythical substance known as EB Green tape.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
13 February 2013, 14:17,
Doubt if the thread will get back now, sorry.

13 February 2013, 16:35, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 16:37 by Scythe13.)
(13 February 2013, 14:04)Bucket Wrote: Ok, getting back to the original point of the topic....

I wouldn't mind a roll of the mythical substance known as EB Green tape.

What's that?

Just checked it out on google!!!

"I swear when applied properly its just short of epoxy backed Kevlar." What a quote! I want some!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 February 2013, 19:26,
Just realised I never actually stated what I would like.

I would want a water desalination kit.
13 February 2013, 19:42,
(13 February 2013, 19:26)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Just realised I never actually stated what I would like.

would be nice if we could get a solar evap desal kit that would work at this latitude

13 February 2013, 19:50,
(13 February 2013, 19:42)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 19:26)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Just realised I never actually stated what I would like.

would be nice if we could get a solar evap desal kit that would work at this latitude

I was thinking like a pump handle type but a solar still would be good. Provided the sun is shining, a solar still should work.
13 February 2013, 19:56,
Ah I think you mean a reverse osmosis filter ?